˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐢𝐩𝐬!

So we finally gon get to the writing tips in the next chapter cause I think I'm exaggerating, I just might come back it's not even that bad 😭

A lot of y'all grew up on me so fast since I been gone 🥲 but it's okay cause we gon pick this up

NEXT CHAPTER COMING PROB TOMORROW

IN THIS CHAPTER, WE'LL TALK ABOUT DIALOGUE, GRAMMAR,  AND WORDS FOR YOUR BOOK. ( MEANING DOWN BELOW FOR IT. )

di·a·logue
/ˈdīəˌɡ,ˈdīəˌɡ/
noun

conversation between two or more people as a feature of a book, play, or movie.

"the book consisted of a series of dialogues"

A dialogue consists of a conversation between two or more people, as they talk back and forth.

If you had two girls paired together for a project, they would have to speak to each other to get it done.

Or if a professor was teaching the students, he is doing dialogue. Speaking to the students, and having them take notes, it's a variety.

Mostly, when people talk or you wrote something, they would put the word " said " after they spoke.

" I need to practice for soccer today. " Emily said, tieing her shoelaces.

The word " said ", can be used if it's an omniscient or third-person POV.

It just gets continuous, and then you're using it for everything that the character(s) say.

If you wanted to use something else, you could search for synonyms for the word and use it instead.

Like these words here:

stated
commented
declared
spoke
responded
voiced
noted
uttered
iterated
explained
remarked
acknowledged
mentioned
announced
shouted
expressed
articulated
exclaimed
proclaimed
whispered
babbled
observed
deadpanned
joked
hinted
informed
coaxed
offered
cried
affirmed
vocalized
laughed
ordered
suggested
admitted
verbalized
indicated
confirmed
apologized
muttered
proposed
chatted
lied
rambled
talked
pointed out
blurted out
chimed in
brought up
wondered aloud

Keep in mind that these words could have DIFFERENT MEANINGS, so you don't have to use them for everything.

Let's take a look at how the dialogue has improved since you used a different word.

" I need to practice for soccer today. " Emily said, tieing her shoelaces.

                                 To

" I need to practice for soccer today. " Emily stated, tieing her shoelaces.

Doesn't that sound much better?

Alright, the next step would be adjectives. ( I have the meaning once again if you needed it. )

ad·jec·tive
/ˈajəktiv/

noun

a word or phrase naming an attribute added to or grammatically related to a noun to modify or describe it.

Yes, an adjective describes a noun.

So instead of saying a plain object, without any description on it, you could say something else.

Kariya fixed the wound.

It doesn't sound good at all, does it? The reader would need a better understanding, and adjectives can fix that. Let's take a look at when you use adjectives.

Kariya fixed the bloody wound on her head, wrapping it in tan bandages.

Now we can understand what Kariya used to fix the wound, where it was, and what the wound looked like.

Using adjectives improves your writing, and it helps improve the objects you used in the paragraph.

The next and final step is GRAMMAR.

Now grammar can be perceived mostly when you read things. It could be a newspaper, a chapter book, a storybook, whichever you use.

Remember, I'm NOT  telling you how to write your books. If you want to continue writing a certain way, that's fine!

Grammar can be a common issue, whether children are writing their names, or responding to a question on an assignment.

It would mostly occur in spelling, even if they can't sound out a word. You could search up the word, or sound it out, using CVC. ( Consonant, Vowel, Consonant. ) Or using syllables.

So if you make a small mistake and don't notice it when you publish the book, you can always go back and correct the error.

Once you go back and check your mistakes, the deceptions have been corrected! Now the reader won't have to sit there and figure out what you were trying to say.

RECAP:

-A dialogue consists of a conversation between two or more people, as they talk back and forth.

-Using different words instead of " said "helps the reader have a better imagination.

-Adjectives help support a noun, describing it.

-Grammar helps to go back and check your errors, whether it was spelling or something different.

-Going back to check your mistakes helps improve your book, and it can critique your writing in the future.

BYE GUYS !