<3

Imagine if you woke up without your eyesight.

Jouno didn’t have to imagine it, it already happened to him.

He remembers waking up in the hospital with everything seeming so loud, the beeping and the yells, the smells so overwhelming. He didn’t remember what happened.

He was only a kid.

A kid with no-one to help him.

Apparently, he was in an accident, a real bad accident, it was a wonder that he only lost his eyesight and nothing else. dwelling on the past didn’t help though and it didn’t stop him from grieving the loss of his eyesight. especially when he started dating Tecchou.

He had been startled awake by a nightmare, one of those gut-wrenching nightmares about his past. The past he chooses to ignore.

He sighs as he brushes his hands through Tecchou’s hair, cringing a little when he caught a knot. He mentally notes to force Tecchou to run a brush through his hair, or he will brush Tecchou’s hair himself. It was saddening to him that he couldn’t see his beloved idiots face, it annoyed him when people told Tecchou “at least he isn’t dating you for your looks", it was unfair.

There was plenty of things about Tecchou that he loved but people always made a comment about how great it was that he was blind. They probably didn’t mean it like that but that’s how he took it, he mumbles something about people being idiots as he continues stroking Tecchou’s hair, he felt tired.

He wanted to sleep without reminding the dread he felt when he woke up.

He wanted to sleep without the constant nagging about being less than the other hunting dogs, it wasn’t true he was just as (if not more) capable than the others. Words stick in his head sometimes, and especially at the wrong times.

He must’ve been moving a little bit too much because he woke up the brunette who had been sleeping soundly beside him.

“Jouno...? Are you alright?” that oh so familiar voice asks as he shuffles and sits up, bringing Jouno up with him, he kisses Jouno on the cheek and brushes his fingers through his hair which helped the albino calm down. Jouno sighs, Tecchou was useful sometimes.

“It's alright Tecchou, go back to sleep.” Jouno smiles, lying back down and holding his partner close. “It doesn’t matter anymore, I'll be okay."

“Okay... I love you" Tecchou sounds so tired, it makes Jouno feel a little guilty about waking him up.

“I love you too.” Jouno finally falls asleep in the arms of his partner, holding him tightly. He didn’t need his eyesight to know he was loved.