Unexpected reunion

(Skyler's POV)
We finally headed off to the meeting point, Ammo knights. Apparently one of our new teammates wanted to try the mini splatling. At least that's what they told us.
To put you in context our old two teammates moved back  to Inkopolis because...Well nostalgia. So we found other people to join our team. They also are roommates from what we've been told. When we arrived at Ammo knights I saw an inkling and an octoling in the store. The inkling seemed pretty excited when they gave Sheldon the license and was given a mini splatling in exchange. I think Avery saw it too because not even three seconds after that she walked past me.
Avery: That must be them!
We open the doors of the shop and the two of them looked at us. The inkling, who seemed to be a girl, dropped her splatling on the floor and stared at me with a shocked expression.
Inkling girl: Skyler?!
I looked at the girl, confusion written all over my face.
Skyler : wha- how do you- how did you know my name?! I didn't tell you?
I looked back at Avery for confirmation but  she looked  as lost as I was.
Inkling girl: Kenny? Moved to another city? BEST FRIENDS? Doesn't ring a bell???!
I look at the floor trying to remember, then, it rings.
Skyler: KENNY!?
Kenny : HI MOTHERFUCKER
Kenny was my childhood best friend but she had to move in another state when we were younger, we kinda made the promise that we'd see each other one day or another.
Since we couldn't make turf war battles back then, we made cardboard weapons and we would fight for hours in the garden.
Avery: You two know each other?
Skyler: Yea we were friends back then...
Kenny: ARE YOU KIDDING? WE WERE THE BEST FRIENDS EVER.
Avery,Kenny and I started chatting a little, it was good to finally see her after all that time. But I realized that Kenny's roommate hasn't talked at all since we got there. Kenny told me that his name was Jake and also mentioned he wasn't the social type. But apparently he was a nice guy. So of course my ass had to do something and I awkwardly walked in his direction. Confidence clearly not on my side. I really wasn't the extrovert type. I clearly had trouble talking to other people and I had a hard time trusting someone new. Why? Absolutely no idea. No,really! I wasn't traumatized as a child I had great parents, I had friends. But for some reason my mind was always in Oh fuck no mode. There was always some voice in my head saying : Nuh-uh bitch, that one gonna ditch you.
But yea as I was saying I walked up to Jake who was looking for god knows what. He just seemed preoccupied for some reason. I was gonna tap his shoulder when he abruptly turned around in my face. GOD I WAS SACRED. HIS EYES WERE STARING INTO MY SOUL, I COULDN'T MOVE. I take a step back but he keeps on getting closer still a death stare on me. HELP AM I HAVING A PANIC ATTACK?! His look suddenly softened and he just held his hand in front of me
Jake: Hi.
Skyler: H-hi...
I say as I shake his hand
Jake: sorry, i'm just not good with first impressions.
Skyler: Oh..well i guess that's one point in common...
WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING IM GONNA DIE
I was shaking, I was so nervous, stressed and well anything thats related to extreme anxiety.
Jake: hum...are you ok?
Did I just realize now or his voice sounds raspy? Some low..raspy voice..
Jake: are you gonna let my hand go?
Skyler: OH YEA SORRY
Jake: It's alright I guess..
I didn't know what to say so I just asked some random questions some that I already knew the answer but yea..
Skyler : soooo.. you're our new team member ..right?
Jake: yea.
Skyler: what weapon do you main?
Jake: Dualies.
Skyler: Ooh nice! I...uh I main the inkatana
Jake: It's splatana.
Skyler: Pffffft same thing
Jake: yea right
I was gonna answer back when we heard Kenny almost scream through the shop
Kenny: Hey boys! We're going to eat something at Crab-N-Go! You're coming?
Jake: yea sure
Skyler: doesn't sound bad, I'm kinda hungry..
Avery: Alright, let's go then..
And I didn't know yet, but this..was just the beginning of some really, REALLY long journey with the crew...
—————————————————————————————————
Oh well that was nice to write, I hope you had as much fun reading it.
I'm sorry it's pretty short but that's not all I got.
The 3rd chapter is finished I just want people to have time to finish reading this one.
Next chapter is gunna be in the lobby but they aren't going on matches yet
But yea see yall next chapter!
-Jayden