𝒕𝒐𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒂 𝒇𝒂𝒊𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒂𝒍𝒆

When the pair arrived at the clinic Karma didn't spare Deaton a glance before he walked into a different room in the building to retrieve a blood bag

When the pair arrived at the clinic Karma didn't spare Deaton a glance before he walked into a different room in the building to retrieve a blood bag. "You two are out of school a bit early..." the older man said rather sassily in Karma's opinion. But Karma was also preoccupied with slurping from a blood bag while cuddling with Stiles.

"Yeah, free period," Stiles mumbled awkwardly.

"Um, I was just headed home to see my dad. He's, uh... You know, I guess you probably heard people are kind of getting murdered again. It's his job to figure it out." Stiles quickly explained what his father did for a living.

Deaton smiled confusedly, "I gathered as much from the 'Sheriff' title."

"Yeah, um... You know, but it gets kind of hard for him to do his job when he doesn't have all the information. And we all know he's missing pretty much half the story here, right?" Stiles explained attempting to get his point across more clearly.

"So then, I started thinking, and I remembered someone else who does have a lot of information. Someone who always seems to know more than anyone else around here," Stiles hesitated slightly before looking Deaton dead in the eye. "You."

Karma looked at Deaton with raised eyebrows, also quite curious as to why he knew so much about the supernatural, including himself. Stiles had informed him that Deaton was the one who saved his life when he almost froze to death. "I'm curious as well, so you should start talking," he smirked sadistically at the veterinarian who looked rather apprehensive.

"All these symbols and things-- the triskeles, the bank logo, the mountain ash-- all of it is from the Celtic Druids. And anyone who has ever looked up 'human sacrifice' before knows that the Druids had a pretty big hard-on when it came to giving one up to the gods," Stiles recapped what he had previously researched.

"You ever hear of the Lindow man? Two-thousand-year-old body found in England? He was found strangled, head bashed in, throat cut-- three-fold death. They also found pollen grains in his stomach... Guess what favorite Druid plant that was?" By the time Stiles finished his questioning his eye was twitching and he gripped Karma's hand so hard his knuckles were turning white.

"Mistletoe," Deaton answered timidly. Stiles looked at him with a confused look.

"I'm just telling you everything you already know, aren't I?" Stiles asked the man angrily.

"Then why aren't you telling us?" Stiles answered his question with another question. Karma rubbed his back supportively and sent a threatening look to Deaton.

"I will break every bone in your hand if you don't start giving us answers," he gave the man a blank look as he spoke, sending shivers down Deaton's spine.

"Maybe because when you've spent every moment of the last ten years trying to push something away-- denying it, lying about it-- becomes a pretty powerful habit," Deaton spoke hesitantly while holding his hands behind his back, away from Karma's murderous gaze.