001

(Young) Mandy Moore as Junie Maybank

"You're going to kill yourself JB!" A dirty blonde girl shouted next to her twin brother.
   "I can't believe how stupid he is." Junie grumbles to her brother, taking a swig of her almost empty can.
   "You're the one who's macking on him." JJ said.
    "That's what a three story fall to the deck?" Pope said on the ground. Junie leans over the railing a bit to rest her chin on her elbows.
   "Baby please get down from there!" The blonde continued to beg.
   John B sticks his finger in his mouth as he was balancing on one foot on the roof.
   "Babe! You're going to fucking kill yourself!" Her older brother places a hand on his younger sister's back to help her from her distress.
    "I give you about one in three chances of survival." Julie's eyes darted to her friend at his comment.
   "That's not funny Pope!" The girl soon gets up from her spot next to her brother to go search for her girl friend.
   "Kie! My boyfriend is going to get himself killed." The girl was walking like a zombie to her friend that was inside one of the new Kook houses.
   "Junie look! They have fucking towel warmers! Towel warmers!" The curly haired girl cried out.
   Junie sighed, knowing how her best friend is with nature. Kie was a Kook, but she wasn't in Junie's or the Pogues eyes, yet she wonders why she'd hangout with them half of the time. Junie and Kie both have the love for the ocean, something that made them instantly click together.
  John B was her crazy boyfriend. Though Junie was also crazy at times, she was able to get in trouble without getting caught. It was her fault for getting John B to be less of a rule follower and more of a rule breaker.
   "Should I do it?" Junie heard, causing her to quickly leave her friend behind.
    "If you do that John B no sex for two months!" She heard JJ groan, and complain about her comment.
   "I thought we made this a rule not to talk about your sex life!" Junie and John B rolled their eyes at the same time.
   "Two months? I don't think John B would last." Pope said teasingly.
   "They're going to have warm towels." She heard from behind her, Kie repeating the same reply that she did with the blonde.
   "I can't have warm towels Kie." JJ mocked, the signature Maybank smirk plastered on his lips.
   "Shut up J." Junie grumbled, plopping down next to her brother on the catwalk and taking his beer.
   "Hey! Get your own!" The two started to playfully fight causing her to drop his beer.
   "You asshole! You dropped my beer!" The beer landed next to the other can near where John B was standing on the roof of the blue house.
    "Hey, uh, cops!" Junie and JJ quickly darted towards the fence.
   "Hey, babe it's Gary!" Junie chuckled when she felt someone grasp her hand.
   "Shit!" She giggled when she almost tripped but John B quickly helped her balance.
    "How much did you drink?" John B asks. The two were far ahead of the others.
   "Three!" She giggled as her hair blew in the wind as she ran. Her hair was in a half up half down position. She had a few front strands in a fishtail braid, the same on the other side as the rest of her hair was down with her waves bouncing behind her. 
   She looked behind and noticed that Pope almost fell as the two made it to the van.
    "C'mon guys!" She encouraged the group to run faster as she hopped in the window of the passenger seat, almost kicking John B. John B quickly placed his hand under her butt to stop her from hurting herself.
    She kissed John B on the lips, as the others piled into the van.
  "I can't believe we almost got caught!" The girl laughed as her brother was taunting Gary.
    "Hey, John B slow down before we give him a heart attack!" Junie laughs as she sees her brother from behind.
   She turned backwards, her chest pressed against the seat of the van as she watched her brother.
  His hand was out as he was teasing Gary. He was trying his best to grab onto him, causing her to cackle.
   "C'mon, Gary!" JJ taunts, as Junie laughs.
   "JJ, c'mon bro you're going to give him a heart attack!" She shouted, Junie almost fell into John B as her ass was in his face.
   "Sorry, you took a sharp turn!" She turned back to John B who only rolled his eyes, placing a hand on her ass tapping it a bit as she laughed.
   JJ finally gave up as they were passing the sign to the Outer Banks.
   Junie turned back around, slouching in the seat. John B placed a hand on her thigh, she grabbed his fingers with both her hands as she played with them. There was a no 'macking my sister', and, 'no pogue on pogue macking rule'. Yet somehow the two ended up breaking it in the fifth grade. Ever since then they've been together.
   The figure eight, the side of the island that was impossible for a Pogue to live. The rich, where they could buy many boats, have three mansions and seven cars, and not have to worry about insurance or having to pay for the bills.
   Then the South side, or the cut. You'll never catch a Kook here. They'd never survive this sort of lifestyle. It was like those reality shows where they tried to find a way to make money. Nobody understood Pogues, besides another Pogue.
   Beat up houses, some had no home, no money. No family, or some were abusive and resented their child.
   They were the lowest member of the food chain, which is what Junie and her friends were. They were bait.

  Junie was sitting next to Kie, the two girls glowing in the sunlight. John B couldn't help but stare at her chest. It was glistening, some droplets of water cascaded down towards her cleavage causing him to look away from time to time. Which didn't go unnoticed by an uncomfortable JJ.
   "Ew, babe!" The girl wined when John B was holding a fish as he wiggled it in her face. She went to slap his hand away, which caused the fish to fall between her breasts.
  The gang laughed, including her brother as the fish squirmed.
"John B! You're so dead!" She said as she flipped the fish out of her bra. 
   She tackles her boyfriend as they both stumble into the water.
  She didn't see John B resurface causing her to grow worried. She felt something tug her ankle, causing her to panic.
   "You asshole!" She couldn't help the small grin growing on her lips. John B shakes his head as his hair ends up in his face again. She pulled his hair back with her hands, giving him a sweet soft kiss to his lips.
   "I love you." Her face heats up as she gives him another kiss. Not caring that their friends, or her brother was watching.
  "I love you." They both decided to head back onto the boat.
    "That was something I'd never thought I'd see. A fish in my sister's boobs." He laughed again, taking another drag from his weed pen.
   "He's lucky he's good in bed." John B gives her a wolfish grin as she playfully pouts.
   That's JJ, my best friend since the third grade. He was the second best surfer I know, since his sister comes in first place. Mild kleptomaniac and tax cheat.
   "John B! Where's my bra?" Junie calls out as she was in a towel. She was walking out of the room of the chateau, JJ went home early as it was just the young couple alone.
   Junie, or otherwise known as the Princess of the Pogues. She was just like JJ, she was different from other girls. Some think that her kindness was all an act, but that's just who she was. One of the reasons why I'm so in love with her.
  "It should be in my room!" John B called out from the kitchen.
  "Well, it's not." She huffed, dropping her towel as she walked bare naked in the chateau, a normal thing that she does when it was just the two of them.

  Kie was with Junie as they were sitting on the beach. Junie was wearing John B's signature bandana in her hair, as she didn't have a hair tie.
    "Ugh, I can't believe that you and John B will be together for almost five years." Junie hummed in response.
  Kie was your average Pogue, yet she lived out in Figure eight. Sometimes I wonder how she hangs out with us instead of the other Kooks.
   "Actually, six." The blonde points a lazy finger at her best friend. She booped her nose the girl giggled when the scrunched her nose.
   "Six?" Her brother repeats.
    "We started dating in fifth grade, remember? John B saved me from that girl who was pulling my braids. And I kissed him after school that day? And you didn't talk to us for weeks?" JJ laughs, remembering that day clearly now.
  "Oh, shit. I almost forgot that happened!" Junie snuggled closer to John B's almost bare chest. He had his Hawaiian shirt unbuttoned as she could feel his muscles contract with every movement from his laughter.
   "How could I forget that?" JJ said in disbelief.
   "Because you're an idiot." Junie said matter of factly.

   The next day….

Junie was with Pope as she was climbing a tree. There was a cat stuck in it, and she was climbing it.
   "Junie, get down! Let's just call the fire department!" Her friend Pope shouts.
  The cat continued to meow as she looked down. John B was at work that day as she decided to hangout with Pope because they were the only two who weren't booked for the day.
  "Shit!" She almost slipped as her foot got caught.
  Pope Heyward. He had his whole future planned for him, he was like the mother Goose of the group. But he was like that more towards Junie. Junie was the one we got to watch out for sometimes, but Pope would sometimes talk her out of it.
   "Ah!" The girl screamed, as she saw the twinkle pull up. She fell down the tree as John B quickly ran towards the seventeen year old. (I aged them up, so now they're eighteen instead of sixteen).
  "John B! Bro, I swear I tried to stop her!" She hissed in pain as she grasped her ankle.
   "It's true. I tried to save a cat, Pope wanted to call the fire department. But you know me." John B let's out an airy laugh as he picked her up carefully. She was smaller in his grasp, lighter.
"Shit! John B!" She moaned in pain as she clung to his neck. Her ankle was bruised as she hid her face in the crook of her neck.
  "It's okay, baby. It's okay." She sobbed in his arms, as she looked at a worried Pope.
   "I should've listened to you Mother Goose." Neither of them laughed at her childish nickname that he gave her.
   "It's just a sprain, It'll heal." John B leaned down to kiss the girl's forehead. They left to go to Heyward instead of the hospital.
  "Thank you Mr. Heyward." The girl gives the dark skinned man a light squeeze in his hands.
   "Of course kid." She smiled at the nickname.

  That's the Pogues, and this summer is going to be the best summer yet.