𝙳𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚔 𝙷𝚊𝚕𝚎 𝚇 𝚁𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚛

You were supposed to hate him. At least in this moment. You loved Derek but the things he had said to you in his outburst made you rethink everything you knew. He was pissed that something had gone wrong with their plan that night and didn't care that you were just trying to help. You were there and he was pissed (the full moon definitely didn't help) so he yelled at you. He brought up your wrongs in past plans and how your ideas of helping were shit. It hurt.

You know what I'm thinkin', see it in your eyes
You hate that you want me, hate it when you cry

You sat on your bed crying your eyes out due to the argument, which was more one sided. Derek could here it from the couch, where you had forced him to sleep on for the night. It tore him apart. He promised he would never hurt you and yet he was the reason you were sobbing into a pillow. He wanted to walk in there and hold you until you stopped crying, but he couldn't because he knew you both needed some time apart for the night.

You hated the fact that you wanted him to walk into the room and just wrap you in his arms and tell you how wrong he was. You hated that even if he was the reason you were crying, you still needed him.

You're scared to be lonely, 'specially in the night
I'm scared that I'll miss you, happens every time

You also hated sleeping alone, you could never get comfortable. So, you stayed up since you couldn't sleep. Derek missed holding you and reassuring himself that you were safe. When the morning sunlight woke him from the terrible sleep he had on the couch he walked into your room. The sight of seeing you staring at the ceiling with tear stained cheeks made his heart break. "I never meant what I said." He finally spoke, leaning against the door.

"Felt like it." You said sitting up to lean against the head board.

I don't want this feelin', I can't afford love
I try to find a reason to pull us apart
It ain't workin' 'cause you're perfеct
And I know that you're worth it
I can't walk away, oh

"I didn't mean it at all. I would never mean what I said." He said sitting on the edge of the bed.

"So, why'd you say it?" You asked looking at him, tears filling your eyes again.

He sighed. "Last night, when it had gotten me cornered, it told me that it was going to do all these horrible things to you and that made me scared to loose you. It doesn't make what I did excusable, but I just thought-"

"That if you pushed me away it would be easier for me to move on? Or that it would keep me safer if we weren't together?" You asked realizing what he tried to do. He nodded to say you were right. "Derek, I'm not going anywhere. That thing isn't going to get me, you and I know that because you'll be here and I can protect myself."

Even though we're goin' through it (Ah)
And it makes you feel alone
Just know that I would die for you (Ooh, ooh)

"Is that why you almost got yourself killed?" You asked wondering why he had such a vendetta against the monster that he almost died to it.

"Yeah. I was so upset that it threatened to kill you that I would've died just so I wouldn't touch you. I would always die to keep you safe." He said after you'd both repositioned to where you sat in between his legs facing him.

"Derek..." you trailed off staring at him with admiration. "I love you, but there's no need to die for me."

"No matter how much we fight, I would always die for you. I love you too much to not try my hardest to keep you safe." He said placing a hand on your cheek. "I'm sorry for making you feel so alone last night."

"I didn't feel alone-"

"I know how much you hate sleeping alone in the bed. You didn't even sleep because you hate being alone."

"How do you know I didn't sleep?"

"I know you like the back of my hand."

The distance and the time between us (Distance and the time)
It'll never change my mind 'cause
Baby, I would die for you (I would die for you)
Baby, I would die for you, yeah

Now you moved to where you leaning against Derek because he wanted you to sleep, feeling bad that he caused you not to get any. "I want you to know that no matter how much distance or time you put between us, I'll always come back." You said looking up at him.

"I know." He said kissing your forehead.

"Baby, I would die for you too." You said completely moving to where you were on your stomach and your arms wrapped around his neck.

"You'll never have to die for me."

"And you'll never have to die for me. The only thing you need to do for me is stay alive 'cause I can't live without you." You laid your head on his shoulder and he pressed a kiss on to your head.

"Get some rest, y/n." He stared to rub your back and your eyes drooped before fully closing. Soon he could tell you fell asleep. He smiled to himself looking down at you realizing how much he loved you and how much he knew he'd never mean the hurtful words that left his mouth the night before.