an excerpt.

Once upon a time, there was a hidden town deep within the woods of a vast village hidden in the ocean of leaves — a town so imposing that no one dared breathe within a kilometer radius. It didn't help that the entrance to this little town was a curtain of vines dangling from towering trees that seemed to thrum with ancient fluid that kept them alive for thousands of years, way before the village was built from the union of two important clans. Hearsay circulated and the rumor that witches reside in that foreboding compound overflowing with corpse flowers purged the minds of the residents. Because of this spreading funny little thing called fear, the little town within the ancient forest of the village of leaves became the monsters of folktales.

See those trees? Bad children will be taken away by the bad people living there. So, you better behave right now.

Do not wander after dark or else they will take you away and dissect you. They're crazy like that.

This village is filled with monsters, I swear. It's best if the Hokage would just eliminate them right from the start.

I hear they have hair as dark as blood. How scary is that? Imagine seeing that at a full moon.

Some say they suck the blood of their victims — drain them dry to the bones until all that's left are sheets of skin.

Because within this hidden town of blooming corpse flowers and ancient trees, was a clan that unlocked the greatest potential the style of fluids could ever provide. What was once a blessing given to them by the ancient gods they worship in their shrines became the reason why the majority of the people in the village of oceanic leaves shunned them so — a curse that they were unaware of. After all, having the power to control the most vital fluid flowing inside the human body was a feat of nightmares — muscles would spasm, bones would break, heads would explode, and people would drop dead like flies after the onset of a pesticide. They were witches of their league, for when the moon was high and full in the midnight blue heavens, they were stronger and faster than even the spies of the village's leader. They were masters of water, that was, having become adept at their bloodline's abilities with the passing times.