Chapter 5

?? POV

"They seem to have found our little experiment we should get her back now that Alucard taken her as his mate she is now an important piece to the board. Send some trouble their way doctor and retrieve the girl." I said.

"Yes sir." The doctor said immediately.

Alucard POV

The next week she has started to come out of her shell she is still quite but is friendly and polite to everyone. I had been staying close to to her all week she's a very curious creature whenever my back was turned she would explore the mansion while I looked for her.

It was a stormy night I was in my room when there was a crack of thunder then a scream before I could move Alexis came running in sobbing she buried her her face into my chest as I sat on my throne shocked at her behaviour and speed.

"Is the storm scaring you." I said softly she nodded crying harder as another crack of thunder made the mansion vibrate. I rubbed her back to comfort her.

"As long as your with me I will always protect you, so don't be frightened my little bird." I brought her legs up so her legs dangled over the arm of the throne she was closer to me now.

"Thank you." She whispered.

It took half an hour of smoothing her for her to fall asleep in my arms I brought her with me to my coffin lowering her into it then getting in myself she was warmer than most vampires. I wrapped my arm around her waist bringing her closer to my chest then fell into sleeps embrace.

Integra POV

Alucard and Alexis were inseparable as Alucard didn't like leaving her alone for a second I had never seen this side of Alucard he seemed more human caring not as sarcastic around others. Walter said it was the side effects of having a mate. There was a mission in Ireland this would be the first mission Alexis would be going on. It was a small mission one vampire and some ghouls what could go wrong.

"Alucard, Alexis and police-girl get in here!" I shouted all three came up a minute later.

"Yes master." He bowed with a smile.

"There's a target in Ireland take both your fledglings and eliminate the target. Alexis it is time to prove your worth." She looked at Alucard worried he smiled then looked at me nodding. I smiled at her she relaxed and was led away by Walter to get some weapons. The police-girl left as well leaving me with my servant.

"Teach her well Alucard. She seems too soft at the moment." He bowed then dissolved away leaving to find Alexis.

Alexis POV

Walter brought me to the weapons room so much silver and guns I touched a sliver blade before Walter could stop me the blade dissolved onto my hand my wings shot and the silver run along to my wings coating each of my feather in the thinnest silver sheen.

"Your wings are weapons alone you seem to have immunity to silver." Alucard said behind me making me jump. He touched my wings there was a sizzling sound his hand was getting burned I made the silver run into a ball in my hand. Then dropped the ball.

"Keep it." Walter put the silver in my hand it coated my hands like thin gloves.

"What else are you immune to."Alucard purred then got some things a bottle of water and some more blades. He put them in front of me in picked up the water and poured into her palm of her hand it slightly burned my hand but I could manage it then I picked up the blade.

Ahh

I dropped the blade my hands blistered Alucard touched my hand gently caressing the blisters.

"Your mildly immune to holy water, but not immune to blessed weaponry." Alucard said the blisters were now gone but I still looked at my hands.

"Is that bad." I whispered.

"No it is good to no that means less things can hurt you so I can worry less." I felt comforted by his words. I picked several knives a curved sword and two handfuls of silver to coat my wings I hated the sound guns made it was too loud. We made our way to a helicopter to go to a place called Ireland.