Don't Go Again

Staring at the doorway to the dungeon, you couldn't help but get a strange feeling something was off. Whilst you'd been through your fair share of dungeons, there was a strange vibe emitting from this one, which was made even stranger by the fact that the reason you were even here in the first place was because of a request made to you by your small friend, Poppy. She had seemed so earnest about you completing this dungeon, saying something about reading about it in a book and that she really wanted to know what was on the other side. She'd also been restricted to Hogwart's grounds for the foreseeable future after her Forbidden Forest Snidget escapades, leaving you to complete the area without her as a favour, and mostly because you couldn't say no to the girl.

The first thing you had noted was odd about the dungeon was the necessity for more than one person to complete it, though after facing Slytherin's scriptorium, it did feel a little more reassuring to you to enter unknown spaces with a friend or two in case it was necessary. You'd opted to invite your closest friends, though even if you had only invited one of them, you knew the boys came as a pair. Tension's were still high after the events of the year before, but you'd made some progress in getting the two to talk to each other again, and finally they were back to their shenanigans, at least for the most part.

"Hope we didn't keep you waiting." You cursed yourself as you felt your face flush as the owner of the voice came into view, a confident Sebastian Sallow waving over to you as he and Ominis reached the top of the hill to join you. You shook your head, smiling at the pair before quickly turning to face the entrance of the dungeon to hide the smile you couldn't keep off your face. The space either side of you was swiftly filled with the pair, a sense of comfort washing over you as they joined your gaze over the entrance.

"Why are we here again?" Ominis's voice broke the silence, drawing you attention to look at him, despite the fact he wouldn't look back.

"Poppy read about it and wanted me to check it out. And apparently it needs two people to complete and I don't feel like taking any risks with magical areas. Either way, I'm pretty confident Poppy isn't one to send us into certain death." This did not seem to fill Ominis with a sense of confidence, his nose scrunching with discontentment, though it wasn't as if he hadn't agreed to this venture previously. You laughed before slinging an arm around the blind boy, leaning your body into his with a contented smile.

"Come on, Omi, it's been ages since we've done something together. Do it for me?" You swung your arm further over his shoulder so you could stand behind him, hands gripping his shoulders so you could pull yourself up to look over his shoulder with the biggest eyes you could muster. Even if he couldn't see them, you knew he knew what you were doing, which was cemented by the fact he let out a defeated sigh and nodded, earning him a hug from behind. Your attention was quickly drawn over to the other of the pair, who was watching with a look you couldn't decipher. You peeked over Ominis's shoulder once, again, this time eyes locked on Sebastian, who seemed taken aback by the sudden attention.

"What about you, Mr Sallow? Good to go?" Sebastian rolled his eyes at your teasing tone, opting instead to turn away from you as his hand raised to rub the back of his neck.

"We're already here, aren't we?" You let out a small cheer of accomplishment, pushing yourself lightly from Ominis in order to pull Sebastian in a side-on hug, arms wrapping around his waist tightly. You let go before you could let yourself do anything stupid, opting instead to check the contents of the small pouch strapped to your waist in case something did go awry.

"You make us look underdressed." You cast a gaze over the pair still dressed in their uniforms and robes, before glancing down at your form clad in a shirt, bodice and knee high boots that covered your trousers. You just shrugged at the comment, as this was just your usual attire for venturing outside the grounds of Hogwarts.