Six | Blame Game

"Where do you know Oscar from?" Jake asks us

"Where do you know Oscar from?" Jake asks us. Serena looks at me and bites her nails out of nervousity, I remain unfazed by the judging looks and dirty face expressions.

"We met him two years ago" I say with a shrug and I see Jake clench his jaw.

"What did you get into? What did you fuck up?" Jake snaps at me. The look in his eyes are the same ones he gave me whenever I did something to disappoint him, when I was younger.

I'm grown up now, this isn't even my fault. I just tried to protect us, but Jake doesn't know that—because we didn't tell him when we came back.

Our mistake, but the look in his eyes makes me want to act out. I'm not weak, I'm not a child, I'm not irresponsible..or not that much irresponsible.

I can handle myself, my friends can handle themselves and if they can't, we got each other's backs. No one is alone.

Losing my cool, I slam my hands onto the counter and lean forward "Me? I did nothing! He tracked us down—because of you!" I shout at him.

His face falls and I take a step back and Serena puts her hand on my shoulder.

"What you need to know is that we kept them at bay—we kept them away from our home. Four days before we graduated from college we had a race and I beat Oscar and his crew. He didn't like that—he expressed that perfectly clear" I say and my hand instinctively hover over my injured side.

Marcus' eyes flickered to my side knowingly, Claire did as well.

"We escaped and recovered—but the day after graduation, where we planned to return home—they found us. I won Serena a new motorcycle and we handed their asses to them" I say and Louie walks up to me as well.

"Then we came here, they managed to track us down and they challenged us because they wanted to get back at whatever bullshit you guys had with them" I say stating the obvious.

Marcus scoffs and I tilt my head at him in a daring kind of way, telling him to speak up. I want to hear what he has to say, that fucking coward.

"You weren't thinking—you're just a ch—""—Finish that fucking sentence, Marcus. I dare you" I interrupt him and glare at him warningly.

He clenched his jaw and shook his head. That's what I thought, a coward.

"It wasn't just Jake's ass they were after—it was you too, cupcake. So, if I were you I would shut up and be grateful–cause we took lots of hits for all of you and we tried to keep you out of it when they came here" I retorted, making both Jake, Terry and Marcus look down.

"Is that why he knew you were weak, the other night?" Claire asks and clears her throat.

"Yes, he was the one who—you know" I say. Jake raises an eyebrow and looks up at me.

"What exactly did he do to you guys?" Jake asked and Marcus sighed.

"He stabbed me, six months ago he shot Louie in the arm, Micky in the leg and Janet was assaulted" I list the events and keep one hidden.