Chapter 1

Being who she was; sexy, single, musician... Marceline Abadeer had absolutely no....No problem at all finding someone to keep the bed warm at night. But after every encounter, after every blank face she met and spent the night with, there was always an unfilled need, some unsatisfied hunger. She could never figure it out. It didn't matter who it was, male or female, there was just nothing. She felt nothing. Not one everlasting feeling and yet night after night she went on some unofficial quest to find that feeling, to fill that need, to satisfy that hunger. Tonight she found herself at a club named Night-O-Sphere, and it was just her style. Dark colors; black, maroon, grey, dark blues, the lights where in the same color scheme yet the occasional bright red would flash. The music full of bass, slow, beat centered the occasional vocal. It was perfect. Smirking to herself as she walked in, she surveyed the crowd. The song was slower but the vocals fit perfectly, they were almost so perfect for if her life was a movie; it would be that slow motion walking through the sea of bodies in a club scene. She laughed to herself as she walked through the people, just hoping that one of them would catch her eye.

Travellin' somewhere, could be anywhere

There's a coldness in the air, but I don't care

She continued her prowl quickly losing interest in the whole idea. Letting out something between a frustrated growl and a dejected sigh Marceline began to slowly turn around ready to leave. Then almost all the way turned around she saw a quick flash of color, sure it could have been the lights but in here...lights are not that bright fucking pink.

We drift deeper, life goes on

Marceline's cold silver eyes locked on that bright pink color, and sure enough it was real. It was the color of some chicks hair, her jacket, her shorts, hell even her shoes! Sticking out her tongue in detest of the color Marceline studied the girl even closer.

We drift deeper, into the sound

The girl was leaning up against the wall a few feet away across another small sea of dance....well grinding people. Legs crossed at the ankles one shoe almost parallel to the wall the other planted firmly on the ground. Bright white socks that came up to just below her knees, dark pink shorts that where only just covering that girl's ass. Bright pink jacket zipped up to about mid stomach the other half open revealing a dark red tank top, Hands shoved in her pockets. Hair in a high pink pony tail complete with a bored look on her face, or it could be taken as the same kind of look Marceline had only a few minutes earlier. The look of not finding the right kind of person, the right kind of person needed for those quick dirty one-nighters.

Travellin' somewhere, could be anywhere

There's a coldness in the air, but I don't care

Running a quick hand through her wild ink black hair, Marceline walked through the sea towards her new conquest. Her new prize, she made sure to appear behind her close enough to lean in a whisper in her ear.

"Hey there,"

The girl jumped her cool façade quickly fading; the girl landed back flush to the wall in the darkened hall. Face flushed with a light pink blush across her face,

"H...hi there."

Marceline almost laughed at this girl's sudden shyness. But this huntress knew better than that, holding back the threatening laughter she smiled. The girl almost melted against the wall, an even darker blush appeared on her face. Marceline made sure only to get close enough to talk in the girls' ear,

"All alone?"

She saw the girl tense up and hesitate,

"Uh...yes...."