0. Pokémon!

Pokémon

Pokémon. Animals, or rather, creatures living only to be a nuisance. According to some people, they were all pests that should be exterminated. Others think that they simply should be kept out of cities and towns, as they all were believed to be a danger. For all they know, they could cause sickness or hurt your child walking home from school.

And then there were the few that believed Pokémon were to be pets. Give them a collar and pull them along on walks.

Stupid.

"Hey, hand me that screwdriver, please." You swung your hand out and vaguely gestured towards the star-screwdriver lined up between two similar ones in slightly different sizes. Your eyes remained on the round object in your hand. Feeling the tool being placed in your hand, you smiled, "Thank you, Umbreon." You added when you saw the black paw out of the corner of your eye.

With a few turns with the old and slightly rusty screwdriver, you jumped up which caused the legs of the wooden chair to scrape harshly against the floor and fall over, "Another one done! This has to be good enough for me to last six months!" Umbreon watched silently as you placed the red and white ball in a box filled with them. The ones in the box were all empty, Umbreon knew that. But a Pokémon could still be found in the box.

He snorted and rolled his sharp, black eyes as he trotted across the working table he was sitting on and peered down into the box with you, "Bud, you can't sleep there!" You pulled out the sleepy, yellow mouse.

"Pika...?"

Pikachu clearly did not approve of you picking him up, you realized that when he brought his sharp, and zig-zagging tail down on your hand. You let go of him with a gasp in pain as the Pokémon fell back down into thee box filled with Pokéballs.

Ironic, really. Considering Pikachu was the one liking being in his own Pokéball the least. Actually, as far as you could recall, he had only been in it once. And he slapped it out of your hand shortly after with a lot of complaining.

"Pika, Pika!" You rolled your eyes at what you assumed was a laugh coming from the Pokémon, Meanie." You pouted.

Friends.

Yeah, Pokémon were meant to be friends and companions. It should be a two way street, nothing less of that. So why were Pokémon always made out to be monsters? To be Villains? Why were Heroes fighting them?

Pikachu leaped out of the box and onto the table. Sitting beside Umbreon while watching you pick up your baseball cap up and swiftly put it on. Digging your hand into the the pocket of your dark blue, slightly baggy jeans, you pulled two items up.

Umbreon stood up and blinked as you tapped the small white button on the tiny ball in your hand. It grew in size, you smiled at the invention and held it out towards Umbreon. He turned and nodded at Pikachu whom gave a wave and a cheerful, "Pikachu!" In response before he turned back to you and pressed his tiny snout to the ball.