Julius Rossi is a Protective Brother

With your leg somewhat healed, Jaya picked up your hand and instructed you to take in a deep breath. Before you could question the action Jaya roughly popped the joint back into place. You gave a pained hiss as you felt your muscles and nerves almost snap back into their original positions.

Since your most pertinent injuries were dealt with, Jaya grabbed her baseball bat and led you down the road.

Ignoring the aches and pains running up and down your body, you managed to follow your friend until a car came into sight. You were struck with surprise as you came face to face with a bright red Ford Thunderbird. A part of you wanted to question the rather extravagant car, but then you remembered the fact Julius and Jaya's father was a doctor.

Jaya walked up to the car and knocked on the driver side window. An exhausted looking Julius unlocked the door for the two of you. It seemed Jaya dragged him out of bed after getting your call. He was in a wrinkled tank top and a pair of pajama pants. When he stepped out of the car Julius' eyes widened upon seeing the awful shape you were in.

"What in the world happened to you two?" Julius asked, primarily focusing his attention on Jaya, making sure there wasn't a scratch on her "I heard what sounded like gunshots!"

"We uh... ran into someone." Jaya replied as her brother examined her like a mother hen. After Julius finished making sure his sister was alright he turned to you with disinterest. He glanced between the cut on your forehead and the busted lip.

"Do we need to take you to the hospital or something?"

"I'll be fine." You shook your head. There was no way for you to explain why you wound up at the hospital to Senora Jones again.

"Let's get out of here." Jaya chimed with a yawn. "I think we could all benefit from a few more hours of sleep." Julius nodded and returned to the driver's seat; Jaya helped you into the backseat.

The car pulled away from the curb and down the cracked streets of Pueri Point. You leaned your head against the window and watched the old remnant of your childhood fade away.  A pit formed in your stomach. What was your next move supposed to be? Your whole safety net of where you were hiding the arrow piece was halfway gone now. Sure, you were still the only one who knew where it was hidden, but now your enemies were going to be looking for the shard. Just as you were trying to formulate your next plan or next move, a sharp pain shot up your arm, followed by a slight burning.

Your head snapped to your side where Jaya was holding a medical kit and antiseptic wipes. Jaya looked up at you, surprised by your sudden movement. Your eyes looked between Jaya, the antiseptic wipe on your bullet wound, and back again."

"Ouch." You said, trying to play off the fact the burning sensation was reflexively making tears gather in your eyes.

"S-sorry!" Jaya sputtered, taking the wipe away from your arm. "I guess I should have warned you I was going to do that." Your friend looked away bashfully. "You seemed a bit lost in thought a moment ago and didn't want to interrupt whatever it was."

"Its fine Jay, no need to apologize." You assured the girl, your gaze gradually shifting to the box in her hands. "You brought an emergency kit with you?"

"I figured if you were making impulsive decisions, I might need it. Plus...c'mon, its you." Jaya laughed. "This isn't the first time I've had to patch you up, and likely won't be the last." The girl shuffled through the medical supplies in the box before pulling out a needle and thread. "Now stay still or I'm going to poke more holes in you."

You did as she asked, remaining as still as possible for fear of your injuries getting worse. Jaya busied herself with the wound on your arm. Unlike the graze you received in your leg, the one in your arm was deeper, to the point hamon alone wouldn't heal it properly.