【Chapter 4】

̵̫͙̪͓̦͉͈̲͆͗͑͐͗̔͜͝.̸̝̜͖̳̳̊͛̓̈́̒̈͐͊̚

M/n shuddered under his clothing, despite it not being cold out. "[Phantom Noises]" as he and his brother called it. His hood was on and he wore an extra jacket around his waist.

The noises that weren't there.

They were fake noises.

"Not real or not, still unpleasant." The boy grumbled. "Unpleasant?" Ashlyn muttered. "Hey, M/n, can you hear the sounds too?" Asked the ginger. M/n's eyes met hers and he shrugged a yes, then looked away, almost ashamed.

He tucked a strand of his <hair colored> hair behind his ear to show an <color> earring. "I hear these... sounds. Loud sounds. I have..." he paused, trying to get the right word.

"Sensitive ears?" He nodded at the girl's words as the two trailed behind the group. "Yes." He muttered. "Sensitive ears." He glanced at the woman, he never got her name. But something was off about her.

She looked calm and collected, quickly talking to the other staff members and answering some of the other's questions. But her heartbeat was quick and fast, she was nervous. M/n's eyes narrowed slightly, why was she nervous?

Nevertheless, the two followed the group and the lady. "Welcome to the Sorrel Weed house!" Spoke to the lady. "So this is the foyer. Mostly everything in this house is original, except the furniture and paint on the walls" she explained.

She lead the group to a room (The Francis Sorrel Library, if M/n's memory served him correctly) and started explaining more—something about a guy named Lee who was friends with Francis and visited quite often.

She started talking about the spooky activity but M/n wasn't really listening. He felt a shiver up his spine again and shook his head lightly. He tried to pay attention but his mind wouldn't listen. "[Something is wrong. So very wrong.]" he spoke as the phantom noises were growing louder.

Ring! Ring!

The lady's phone rang, interrupting her. "Ah, I'm so sorry, this is my emergency phone." She spoke. She took the call and said 'You can look around but don't touch anything' and hurried out.

"Well, that's super professional," Tyler spoke. "I don't think that's professional/profeshinol." Logan and M/n addressed at the same time but Tyler rolled his eyes. "I was being sarcastic."

Oh.

M/n felt embarrassed at such a stupid comment that he just turned around and walked away to the exit. Aiden grabbed the collar of M/n's sweater before he got too far as Tay said "Eh, an emergency is an emergency."

He tugged the boy back, slinging an arm around his shoulder and making him tense up. "It's much more fun to explore on our own!" Tay added with sparkles in her eyes. With a sigh, M/n followed the others around the building as they explored.

The artifacts were nice, they looked pretty and really well carved. There were paintings and carefully placed furniture, but all of the rooms were painted a different color, oddly enough. Yellow room, red room with a brick fireplace (M/n had to make sure there were no levers in the inside *coughs at canvas version*), and blue walls for the halls.

The colors were mellow and surprisingly, went well with each other. The kitchen (or dining area) was surprisingly well nice too. A lot of things surprised M/n, especially the amount of closeness Aiden was to him.

His eyes narrowed for an escape from Aiden, rubbing his arms a little. His eyes landed on Ashlyn who walked, all huddled together and seemingly cold. '[Perfect.]' he thought. He slipped behind and waited for Ashlyn to be next to him.