05, another girl?

Thomas was insane, no doubt about it

Thomas was insane, no doubt about it. When he'd come crashing into Riley and Minho, whilst killing a Griever in the process? Riley couldn't help but wonder if he was even human.

But for some reason unbeknownst to her, that didn't seem to scare her. Maybe it should have. But that didn't seem to be the case when she let him guide her arm back around his shoulders after he caught his breath.

She'd been watching him ever since he arrived and the usual anxiety newcomers caused her wasn't nearly as severe with him as it was with others.

Which was surprising considering everything seemed to worry her after Maia.

But here this boy was, knocking down her barriers one by one and she barely even noticed.

Riley was lost in thought as they made it back to where they had left Alby. Minho nudging her with his shoulder when he noticed the distant look on her face. The blonde blinking quickly before moving her gaze to the boy who gave her a questioning look.

But the two didn't have to say a thing for him to understand. How could he not? He too was a bit shaken up after what they'd just witnessed and been through. At least that's what he assumed had been the cause of her distant look.

Riley knew better though, eyes flickering to the boy, whose arm was wrapped firmly around her waist. His fingers brushing against the exposed skin just above her hipbone where her shirt had ridden up, as the three moved through the maze.

A million questions swirling through her head.

When they finally got Alby down from the wall, the boys carried him back to where they should've been yesterday, while Riley limped after them.

And when they made it to the doors, the yelling and cheering from the gladers on the other side brought a relieved smile onto Riley's face. Chuck quick to pull Riley into a hug when she reached the group of boys.

The blonde laughing breathlessly as she messed up his curls. A sense of relief washing over her, knowing she was back in the glade.

Meanwhile Newt quickly inspected her arm, the gauze was almost completely bled through and it was obvious she'd grown paler than when he had last seen her yesterday.