☔ The Blue Light: Prologue ☔

Here's a precious gif of Father Fujimoto *^*

Dedicated to kitsune45

Happy Birthday and I hope you enjoy this chapter!

~~

All around you there was fire. On the ground, on the furniture... on the people. There was no escaping the horrid heat that overwhelmed you to the point of sweating. Above you you heard the sound of creaking wood, letting a scream as a small part of the roof above you fell to the ground with a loud bang. It was hard to breathe; the air was thick with dense smoke. Huddled in a small corner of the house, you hid your eyes away into your knees from the sight, you pressed your hands over your ears to try and block out the screams. But you couldn't block out the smell, that awful stench of burning flesh, the smell would remain present in your nostrils for a long time. Your body felt like it was slowly melting off your bones, you could feel the blistering on your skin begin. There was only slight relief from the blistering in your cheeks from your salty tears. Your heart beat faster than any galloping horse, your lungs wheezed as hard as they could to get air. This was it. You thought, terrified. For a moment your eyelids flew open and your eyes watered up even more from the heat that hit them. All around you was flames.

Blue flames.

Coughing from the smoke you couldn't peel your eyes away from the sight before you. The burning flesh of people a few meters away. Being trapped in, you knew there was no way out. In a few minutes the fire would envelope you and consume you, turning you into ash. As a small fire started next to your foot you tried to shrink even more into the corner of the wall, wheezing and crying even more. You closed your eyes and waited for that burning feeling, that sizzling pain that would be coming from your (light/medium/dark) toned flesh. The sounds of the fire crackling right before your face made you whimper. Through your closed eyelids you could easily see the blue flames, and the heat that was emitted from it. But this time the fire didn't burn you like it should've, it was warm. A voice echoed throughout your head calling you like a strange melody. "I can sense your fear." It whispered croakily, sounding hoarse and sending cold shivers down your spine, the hairs on the back of your neck raising.
"Soon these flames with conquer everything..." the deep voice paused as you opened your eyes, for them only to be met with piercing gold ones. You felt the sudden fear and terror enter your system as you froze in place. You couldn't look away from those eyes; it felt like your very soul was being pierced. Over whelming power emitted from those pair of eyes as you shook in ultimate fear.

"... and everyone."

When you opened your eyes again, you expected to see those gold eyes and the blue flames. After bolting upright, your eyes met with the posters hung up on your bedroom door. Panting and covered in sweat you sat there, shaking, as those gold eyes wouldn't leave your mind. Normally scary things don't bother you, but when you saw those eyes... you didn't know what came over you, it was a mix between a nightmare that seemed real and a monster that wasn't. But then again.. for a nightmare to be created, the mind would have to think it up. Your thoughts were stuck like glue to that nightmare, your breathing didn't slow down much and you were struck with paranoia. Everything in your room looked like it could do something while you weren't looking at it. This caused your (e/c) eyes to dart around the room like crazy with your (h/c) hair stuck to the nape of your sweaty neck. It was just a dream. You thought to yourself, to convince yourself that is wasn't real, that it was only an imagination of the mind. But somehow, seeing those eyes, it felt real. You were terrified because of this. But what did that nightmare mean? Why were the flames blue? What did those eyes mean to you? Whose voice was in your head? You clutched your head with your hands to stop the headache from pounding out of your skull. You closed your eyes for a second to try and calm yourself, but to your dismay those piercing eyes remained, it was as if those eyes had burned themselves into the inside of your brain.