Chapter 14 [PUZZLED]

Family?

Family?

Sister?

These two words keep running in Anastasia's mind.

Only conclusion that she can come up in the end that 'This is unfair'.

Adriano stares at her, judging her expressions silently and giving her time to adjust this sensitive information in her mind.

"I know Anastasia." Adriano mutters, catching her attention.

She looks up at him in confusion.

"I know this is unfair to you. We apologize we should have been there for you earlier."

She flinches in shock when he leans forward to gather her hand in his.

"I don't want to lie to you, Ana." She stares at him unblinking when he calls her by a nickname.

"We had considered you dead years ago. We even buried your body but it was a lie. Someone had 'tricked' us." He finishes with an abnormal pause in his last sentence.

"Paul wasn't your stepfather or anything. He was one of your kidnapper. It all happened exact 13 years ago."

Her eyes widens.

Is this the reason why everything feels so familiar here? She had spend 2 years of her life here.

"I know it's a lot to take in. That's why I will give you some time and later, we will continue. It's best that our father is present here next time."

She freezes at the mention.

'Father'?

Is he going to hit her like Paul?

A shiver chills down her spine and her body trembles.

"Until then Ermanno here will show you your room. You can take rest. We will continue the rest of 'talk' at dinner." His words hold a certain amount of dismissal that it has make her body move on her own.

She follows Ermanno out of the office, knowing Anastasio, Stefano and Adriano's eyes are boring at her back.

There is an awkward pause between the twins as they walk side by side in the silent hallway.

"Hey." He clears his throat before resumes speaking.

She looks up at him without saying anything. But he does not say a word afterwards.

A minute later, they finally stop in front a white door. He opens the door for her, letting her pass through but does not follow.

She slowly turn to look back at him. Her eyes manages to catch a glimpse of softness in his eyes before his gaze turns cold and blank again.

"Someone will be here to call you for dinner." He tells her before abruptly turning around.

Just as he takes a step forward, he pauses.

"My room is right opposite to yours. If you ever need me, you know where to find me."

Saying this, he storms out of there.

Anastasia closes the door slowly and makes her way into the room.

She looks around this huge room, puzzled. It's of the size of her old 'house'. The mere thought of her old life back gives her shivers.

She takes her time to assess everything. The room is simply beautiful. It has white and gray accent. Her bed is huge and the room has its own study area present with an bookshelf that is yet to be filled with books.

Her eyes falls at the balcony where there is a pretty bay window seat with lots of cushions over it.

There are two separate doors other than main entrance. Upon checking, she concludes one is bathroom and other is closet.

Anastasia hesitantly sits down on the bed feeling some sort of restrain in her chest.

Does she even deserve this life of luxury?

Her whole life Paul had beaten this lesson in her mind that she does not deserve any pleasure or happiness of this world.

And now this.

Everything seems so strange.

An hour later, Ermanno arrives again to call her for dinner. Seeing none other option, she follows him.

But halfway through, his phone starts to ring.

"The dining area is just around the corner. Go in there, I will catch up to you in a bit."

Without giving her a second glance, he walks back upstairs with his phone pressed near his ear.

Anastasia stares at his back quietly. Even though she does not want to but walks towards the dining area.

But a stare boring at her back freezes her in the middle of her tracks. She slowly turns to look back and they make contact with a familiar pair of eyes that look exactly like her few of brothers.

The man, tall and emotionless, is staring at her with slightly furrowed eyebrows. His eyes bored into her soul. Anastasia usually would have look down by now but for some reason she finds herself maintaining this eye-contact.

"Who are you?" These three words breaks through the silence.

Before Anastasia can even process these words in her mind, a high pitched voice rings in their ears.

"What the hell are you still doing here?!"

Anastasia glances back at Arabella who is glaring hatred at her.

Arabella's eyes widens upon finding someone behind Anastasia's back.

"D-dad? When did you c-came back?" Her voice turns meek. A complete 180° turn.

"Just a little while ago, sweetheart. And, who is this girl?" Allesandro glances at Anastasia who is standing quietly with a blank expression on her face that for some reason looks familiar.