3| .....and the Story begins

Ananya's POV

I could feel my body shaping from the fire. My arms, legs, and face. I felt the heat running through my veins, spreading throughout my body. I opened my eyes to see myself engulfed in flames. 

It embraced me like a father embracing a daughter

It embraced me like a father embracing a daughter. I was suddenly surrounded by a warmth I had never felt before, as if I was in a bubble of love and protection. I felt comforted and safe, like no harm could come to me in this moment.

I heard the sages announce my birth to my father. I heard them name me.

"She was born to fulfil a destiny. She was born to be a ray of hope. She will be the voice of the voiceless. She will bring justice and equality to all. She will be a leader people look up to. She will be a symbol of strength and courage. She will be a unifying force that brings people together. She will create a legacy that will last for generations.

She will be named Arunika as she will destroy people's negativity just like the sunrays break through the darkness.

Indira, as she will bring prosperity and luck to her loved ones.

Shivani, as she will bring wisdom and knowledge to those around her.

Maya, for her inner beauty and strength.

Meera, for her graceful spirit and courage to face any challenge.

And finally, Ananya, as she will be unique in her own way."

SO MANY NAMES!! 

Gosh...I don't think I can remember them. Let me choose one... Mm...Ananya..I rolled the name into my tongue. I repeated it a few times, feeling the syllables move around my mouth as I spoke. That sounds pleasant. Ananya it is then! I'm sure it will suit me perfectly. 

I stepped out of the fire, nervous and excited to meet my family. As I stepped out, the smell of Blue Lotus hit my nostrils. A sense of calmness washed over me. I closed my eyes and breathed in the scent deeply.

A cold breeze flew past me, swaying my hair, instantly making me miss the warmth of the fire

A cold breeze flew past me, swaying my hair, instantly making me miss the warmth of the fire. I stepped down the stairs of the yagnakund. 

A red carpet covered more steps and led to the palace

A red carpet covered more steps and led to the palace. I turned and took the sages' blessings. "Ayushman Bhava" they blessed me.

I turned to see many people standing, staring at me with wide-open eyes. My eyes darted towards the three people - 2 men and a woman - standing down the stairs. A man in his fifties and a young man and woman in their twenties. Most probably my father and siblings. I slowly walked towards them, my heart racing with anticipation. 

I descend the stairs. There were flower petals of different colours - pink, orange, red, violet - flying in the wind. The petals seemed to be in a perpetual dance to the rhythm of the wind, and the contrasting colours created a beautiful, mesmerizing sight. I couldn't take my eyes off them.

I stepped onto a path of flower petals laid out for me

I stepped onto a path of flower petals laid out for me. As I walked, the petals felt soft and delicate beneath my feet, and I could smell the sweet scent of blue lotus in the air.

I reached the end of the stairs. I was filled with a mix of emotions - fear, joy, nervousness and excitement - as I realized I was about to meet my family for the first time. I could feel my hands shaking and my heart beating faster as I got closer to them. All I could do was hope they would accept me. 

The man in his forties looked aged but strong. His hair was turning grey and thinner but it still had a sheen and the muscles in his arms were still well defined. He had a strong jawline and a straight back. His hands, calloused and rough, showed the signs of a warrior's life.

He had a few wrinkles on his face, 

BUT HIS EYES

His eyes held so much anger, hate, revenge, unacceptance and coldness that a shudder ran down my spine. His eyes were filled with a fierce intensity that made me feel like I was being judged for something I had done wrong. I stared at those eyes hoping for some kind of warmth or happiness but i couldn't find none. It was like looking into a stormy sea, with turbulent waves crashing against the rocks. No matter how hard I searched, I couldn't find a glimmer of sunlight or a sign of calm. 

Wasn't my birth a source of happiness for my father? 

 I felt a wave of disappointment wash over me. I felt a pang in my heart and tears welled up in my eyes. I blink them back. He doesn't know me yet. He will surely love me then.

I take a deep breath and try to push away my sadness. I step forward with a smile on my face.

❈•≫────≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫────≪•❈