Ch 19. Bree's Bar 🍸🍻🍺

Stefan paced back and forth in his gloomy room, his fingers tightly clasped around the delicate pendant that hung from his hand

Stefan paced back and forth in his gloomy room, his fingers tightly clasped around the delicate pendant that hung from his hand. The mere sight of Katherine's portrait had sent his world spinning out of control, and he could not help but feel a deep ache in his heart as he gazed at the picture before him.

He longed to speak to Elena, to explain the truth that had been kept hidden for far too long. He picked up his phone and dialed her number, but all he heard was the cold, lifeless tone of her voicemail. Undeterred, he left yet another message, his voice laced with urgency and longing.

"Elena," he began, his voice trembling with emotion. "It's Stefan. I know that this picture must have confused you. But I can explain. I need to explain. So, please, when you get this, call me."

As he hung up the phone, Stefan's mind wandered back to a time long gone, when he had first met Katherine. The memory was bittersweet, tinged with both nostalgia and sorrow. She had been the excitement in his boring life, and yet she had betrayed him in the cruelest and unimaginable way.

But now, as he looked at her picture once more, Stefan knew that he had to face his past if he was to have any hope of a future with Elena. He would do whatever it took to make things right, to prove his love and loyalty to her. And with that thought in mind, he settled down to wait for her call, his heart beating with both fear and hope.

♤♤♤♤♤

Elena gripped the steering wheel with white knuckles, tears streaming down her face as she drove down the deserted road. She tried to keep her focus on the street, but the memories of seeing Katherine's picture kept flooding her mind.

As she turned a corner, her eyes caught a glimpse of something in the middle of the road. She slammed on the brakes, but it was too late. The impact sent the person flying into her windshield, shattering the glass into a thousand pieces. Her car flipped over several times before coming to a halt. Elena felt her body being tossed around like a ragdoll, and then everything went black.

When she opened her eyes, her head was throbbing, and her vision was blurry. She tried to move, but her seatbelt had her strapped in tightly. Pain shot through her body as she tried to reach for her phone. That's when she saw him - the man she had hit. He was slowly getting up as if he had just woken up from a deep sleep. Elena's heart raced as she watched him approach her car, walking towards her with unearthly grace. Elena screamed and recoiled in terror, sure that this was the end.

But just as suddenly as he had appeared, the man turned and fled into the night, leaving Elena bewildered and confused. She felt helpless and alone, trapped in her overturned car with no one to rescue her.

Just when she had given up all hope, a figure appeared from the shadows, and her heart leaped with joy and relief. It was Damon, the mysterious older Salvatore, her boyfriend's brother. She had never been fond of him, but right now, he was her only hope.

Damon had been driving home from Caroline's house when he stumbled upon the scene. At first, he hesitated, unsure of what to do. He didn't like Elena; in fact, he found her annoying, even though she looked like Katherine, the woman he had loved and lost centuries ago. He had debated whether to help her or leave her to rot. But he couldn't just leave her there, especially since she was blondie's friend. So, with a heavy sigh, he approached the car and tried to help her out.