I Have Died Every Day (Waiting For You)

Welcome back to Faith Forgotten Land!!!  This definitely wasn't meant to take so long to update so if you've come back after all this time, thank you!  I hope that this chapter is worth it — and a huge happy birthday (albeit slightly belated) to the wonderful @darknightfrombeyond / DayStorm who has encouraged me every step of the way in creating Ivy and her story, I hope that this lives up to your expectations!
For anyone interested, the official song for this chapter is the epic orchestras cover of A Thousand Years by Christina Perri, I can't tell you how many times I listened to it while writing this!

Disclaimer, as always, I don't own Arrow, any DC characters, or the plot, all I own is Ivy and her media team (who are all named after other ocs of mine because I ran out of ideas)

Oliver is alive.  Oliver is alive.  No matter how many times she read Walter's message, the words just didn't feel real.  After all these years, how could Oliver have even survived?  But Walter wouldn't lie to her.  Especially not about this.  Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.  Oliver was alive.  There was no other option.  And Ivy had work to do.

Faith Forgotten Land

I Have Died Every Day (Waiting For You)

★★★

    Oliver is alive.  Oliver is alive.

    No matter how many times she read Walter's message, the words just didn't feel real.  After all these years, how could Oliver have even survived?  But Walter wouldn't lie to her.  Especially not about this.

    Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

    Oliver was alive.

    There was no other option.

"Ivy?  Yvette?"

    Ivy blinked, suddenly noticing how James had leaned into her, waving one hand in front of her face in an attempt to pull her out of her daze.

    She blinked again.

    "Is everything alright?" he asked, seeing that her attention had returned.

    She shook her head, forcing a bright smile to her face.

    "It's just work, Love," she told him.  "I won't be able to make it to dinner."

    It was only her tight grip on her phone that kept her hand from shaking as she asked their driver to pull over, apologizing to James one last time before she was out of the car and finally, blessedly, alone.

    She stumbled, leaning against a nearby tree as she lost her lunch in the dirt.  She was still dry-heaving when she unlocked her phone, frantically pulling up Tommy's contact page and hitting 'call'.