We Weren't Just Born to Fade, Our Stories Are Past the Horizon

In a restless search for new opportunities and new ways of living

The mystery and the promise of distant horizons

Always have called men forward

"Good day, Eret!" A sonorous voice shook Eret from their thoughts as they stood in the wide open space of their newest project, picturing how they wanted to lay it out.

The First President of L'Manburg strode between those tall white pillars they spent hours arranging to look just perfect, wearing a long brown trench coat over a buttercup yellow sweater. His wild chestnut curls were stuffed beneath a poppy red beanie, coffee eyes hidden behind golden frames. A gold-gilded emerald hung from his right ear, a matching piece to the one the Ruler wore through the same lobe. Though Wilbur gave a wide smile, Eret could still see the hesitance in those liquid depths.

The Monarch of the server was dressed down today, preparing for the hard work ahead, in a simple black button down with a high collar and blue jeans. They had pulled their similar shade of chestnut curls into a low ponytail beneath their heavy crown, resting down their neck to brush the top of their shoulders. Thick black glasses meant their gaze was permanently shaded, a preferable look as to not scare the others with their 'ghastly' eyes. Choosing to leave the cape behind today they wore black boots with a thick sole to protect their feet as they built today.

The build the pair now stood in was going to be a physical history for everyone to reflect upon, the being had spent months constructing the structure and now it was time to fill the wide open space. Deciding to start where most of their stories began, pieces for the Camarvan in a chest beside the tall Ruler.

"Greetings Wilbur, I hope the journey here went well." Eret heard the forced warmth, flinching internally at how awkward it sounded with them trying to mask the guilt that hung from their mind's walls like a mocking banner. When they originally extended the invitation for Wilbur to come help with this exhibit they had this whole speech about forgiveness planned but now that the even taller man stood beside them it left their thoughts at a high speed. "Enjoying your time with Philza and Technoblade?"

"I am, they have been more than welcoming." Wilbur seemed perplexed by the concept as he spoke, Eret could relate to feeling like an outcast among those they once considered comrades in a cause they felt passionate for. "Gods, it's been so long since I built this van, are you sure this is the first thing you want to have in here? It was so ugly too, like what was I thinking?"

"Wilbur you built a drug van, I didn't expect it to be pretty when I heard about it then stepped inside." Eret teased, before waving off the worries. "Hush you, it was the first thing I felt a passion for, of course it deserves to be the centrepiece of our history I wish to transcribe upon these very walls."

Flipping open the chest lid Eret draws out a few stacks of items and splits them down the middle, Wilbur taking half of the supplies. The Ruler also draws out a furnace and some coal, beginning to heat the cobble so it becomes smooth stone. The pair still work well together dancing round each other to begin the placement of the exhibit, years after they first teamed up when Eret saw passion in those coffee eyes and helped him and his accomplices escape imprisonment.

That same fire was barely a spark now, but deep within Wilbur's gaze it still flickered. The fire Eret would give anything to help reignite by adding their own fuel, they had felt the incredible warmth of his kindness and the biting burn of his spite. They reflect on how it felt to be cared for so deeply while singing their silly hearts out together over that campfire protected by the first walls that Eret built in service of Wilbur. They reminisce with sadness on seeing the betrayal on his face while Dream sliced a sharp blade through Wilbur's pale throat, spilling deep red down the front of his betrayer.