Chapter Six

Chapter Six-The Affect
Aww your own. This is all my fault you're gone" he said with long pauses in between the sentences.
Every moment of their time together was all that came to his mind as he drove to the local prison. His eyes focused on the road as his brain wandered to a memory of Gracie and himself.
"Sir" Gracie said quickly as she entered his office
"Yes, do you need something?" Manwell said without looking up from his work.
"Well I have some good new about the King's court case" she said with a little bit of excitement in her voice.
He looked up at before speaking,"Go on"
"Well there was a police report from my hometown. In the police report they  described a woman who looks exactly like the leader of the King's court. She broke into the police station and only took the files that contained my statement about the years of abuse I faced in my years with the King's court." Gracie said without missing a beat.
"Did they catch the woman"
"No sir, I guess it's not such good information" the woman in front of Hans said.
"Any information you find is helpful to case, now we know she's desperate to erase you, from the police database, good work Gracie" he said with a soft tone.
Gracie smiled at him before she left. That was the first she ever smiled the warm smile he longed for now.
"Please be OK Gracie" Hans Manwell said quietly to himself as he continued to drive  towards the prison.
As Hans was reminded why Gracie meant so much to him, other members of his team weren't taking it as well as Hans was.
"Holly dear are you feeling alright" Mrs.Anderson quietly questioned.
"Yes I'm fine" a clear lie passed Holly's lips.
"Dear, you don't need to lie to me. I know how close you and my granddaughter are. It's OK if you're scared or angry at  her. It's not your job to keep a facade up." Mrs.Anderson said as she sat next to Holly.
Tears welled up in Holly's eyes, they fell down her face leaving behind a trail of makeup.
"Oh dear" Cassie pulled Holly close to her allowing the young agent to cry onto the blouse she was wearing.
"It's like I can still feel like she right next to me like she always does when where at the office,I miss her,"she said between sobs
"Stop crying dear Gracie would want you to cry over her. She'd want you to stay sharp so you can close this case" Cassie said with conviction.
Holly wiped the tears from her eyes before sitting up,"do you have any recent pictures of Gracie"
"Of course," the old woman answered back.
Jessie Cruz who was known for not showing much emotion in these situations, is a total mess on the inside.
"Gracie please be strong for a little longer, we still need you, we're falling apart without you, we love you…..I love you, you're like  my daughter and I can't lose you.." Jessie choked out while sitting outside the Anderson household.
A couple stray tears made their way down her face as she tried to compose herself to be of use to the team.
As Jessie composed herself, Moore and Hannah were on their way to Reese Morgan.
"Moore do you remember the first time you saw Gracie" Hannah questioned.
"Yeah." Moore said in a clipped tone.
"She was so beautiful, her warm smile, she was so sarcastic back then. I can't believe it's been only five years we've had her in our life's" Hannah said sadly.
"I remember that but that wasn't the first time I saw her, that was your first time" he said
"Right you were there during the raid" she said while glancing  at him.
"Mhm she was still  beautiful even though she was terrified, I knew right when I saw her that she was something special. The way she wasn't afraid to yell at cops plus Fbi agents is what drew me to her,"he said as a light blush dusted his cheeks,"I'm going to marry her after we get her back, I can, promise you that."
"I hope we find her before it's too late" Hannah stated.