sɪx

THE THROBBING BEHIND CANDY'S BRUISED EYES woke her up the next morning

THE THROBBING BEHIND CANDY'S BRUISED EYES woke her up the next morning.  A low groan escaped her lips as she slowly opened her eyes, instantly regretting her decision as the throbbing in her head only grew worse once the sunlight hit her brown eyes.

Her bruised eyes took in the small room she had woken up in, it was unfamiliar to her but she knew it was a room in the clubhouse due to the smell and the pictures of half naked women decorating the walls.

The memories of last night seemed like a big blur. Candy remembered coming back from the hospital with Happy and instantly being bombarded with questions from Juan. Was she okay? How much pain was she in? What happened? She answered his questions with shrugs before taking one of the Vicodin that Tara had prescribed to her for the pain and downing a few shots of tequila.

It wasn't like Carmen to mix pills and alcohol. She knew the dangers of mixing the two together. Her and Juan's mother had a string of boyfriends throughout her life that enjoyed the mixture of pills and alcohol, and Carmen herself eventually became like her mother dating more losers than she liked to admit that enjoyed the same thing.

One of the many reasons Candy's life was the way it was because of how sick and tired she was of dating losers and getting walked on by them, getting used by them. She wanted more than the shitty life her mother had given her, she wanted money and glamor. Juan had left her alone with their mother in a shitty apartment in Queens, with their mother's string of shitty boyfriends.

Most of the older men she met on the website were nice, lonely, non dangerous men. They only wanted someone to have a conversation with or something to take to dinner so they didn't feel so alone. Beau Harrington was a completely different man than them. He wanted Candy all to himself, offering her lavish gifts and vacations. Of course she took them, she'd be stupid not to but, once he got too attached and showed he wanted more from her that's when Candy broke it off — or at least tried to.

Beau Harrington was a powerful man and it was only time before he showed his face.

A deep sigh left Candy's lips as she shook her head from those dark thoughts and exited the room, making her way towards the front of the clubhouse.