𝗦𝗢𝗨𝗡𝗗 𝗢𝗙 𝗦𝗜𝗟𝗘𝗡𝗖𝗘

°•~━━✥❖✥━━~•°

°•~━━✥❖✥━━~•°

A year after her marriage to Prince Daemon Targaryen, Rhea Royce gave birth to a son. From the moment he was old enough to understand, Maegor knew that his father did not want him. He was too Andal. Too Royce. There was nothing in him that spoke of a Valyrian lineage. He looked like his mother and his dragon failed to hatch. So when he turned eight and realised his father would never love him as he should, he shut himself off completely.

Maegor was happy enough living his life out at the Vale. He was content to live in Runestone with his mother and his Royce relatives, occasionally travelling down to King's Landing to present himself to his uncle and catch up with his cousin. He had no need of a father, he convinced himself. Even as each year passed and his father failed to come to see him, the sting of abandonment grew deeper and more agonising. Why should he want that man in his life when he clearly couldn't care less for him?

And then at the age of seventeen, his mother died. It was not a simple death of age or disease. No, Rhea Royce had died a painful and cruel death. And Maegor was there to witness it, hiding away in bushes as his father brought down a rock upon his mother's head. In the years to come, he'd regret not doing anything. His mother might've still survived the first two hits of the stone had he not been such a coward.

And as he buried his mother, Maegor swore that he would never forgive Daemon Targaryen for what he'd done to him.

°•~━━✥❖✥━━~•°

"Rage, maybe
rage would lift
me up, make
me stand, make
me walk —"

– Marion James

°•~━━✥❖✥━━~•°

HOUSE ROYCE AT THE END OF THE 112TH YEAR AFTER AEGON'S CONQUEST

RHEA ROYCE
Rachel Redford

RHEA ROYCERachel Redford