Chapter 1

Alla raced through the snow! "Haw!" She yelled to her team. The dogs slowly drifting right, Alla looked up. The stars shone down like tiny flecks of silver dancing in the sky. An eerie howl of the wolves could be heard over the mountains and hills. Her team howled back in a sort of response. They pulled up to the little hut they called home. A wooden house with a red roof. She fed her team some of the moose they had recently hunted, and walked inside. She wiped her boots on the mat before taking them off and sitting down by the fire place. She builds a sort of house out of the kindling and wood, picks up the matches and lights one. The fire starts off small, before having a burst of flame. She curled up on the couch, thought about her family. She thought of summer were the fields are full of life and warmth.

Before she new it, she was sleeping peacefully on her couch. It was soft and safe... 

That morning before the sun rose, she was up and out. There was a town meeting today. Her little hut was on the far north of the town. It was about a 2-minute sled or a 5-minute walk. She pulled up to the town hall, the towns folk had begun to arrive. She had tied her team up outside, they had been and done this before. Alla was seated at the second to front row.

"Thank you all very much for coming!" announce the town Mayor, "we have much to discuss! Now Alla-"