Chapter one

Y/n was "woken up" by her father. She didn't actually sleep. She had spent the whole month awake, questioning why she was still alive while also listening to her playlist to forget about ways to die. 'Why am I like this?'. "Y/n? It's time to wake up, you know." Y/n ignored him. "Y/N! WAKE UP THIS INSTANT, OR I'M GETTING YOUR MOM!" Geez. How loud could this moron be? He won't even listen to me, so why should I listen to him? Suddenly, Y/n's phone buzzed. 

Aydin: Hey um... would you like to meet up?

Great. Him. What now? Y/n didn't want to answer but she knew it was rude if she didn't decline in the first place. Y/n realized she couldn't lie either. He'd know. Y/n and Aydin had been friends since  4th grade. The longest friendship she had. She was a 5th grader now, a 'middle schooler' and had to deal with the dickwads in her class. Noisy, Manipulative, Children. 

Y/n scrolled through her contacts and saw every single person that had just gotten rid of her. She counted them again, and like she knew, the number was 32. Either way, Y/n found herself getting out of bed. 'Great. School with assholes and my shitty, pudgy self. I hate myself.' However Y/n stopped with her mental cursing and got ready for school. She didn't have to worry about changing into her uniform, a neon orange polo shirt with a navy skirt and a dark blue sweater. 

'And this crappy uniform'. 

Y/n was able to drag herself down the stairs, get herself to school, and get to all her classes. Then, the most dreaded time of all, lunch. Y/n had to walk down the stairs with her classmates, and deal with the Popular girls scream-singing edit audios (specifically "oh Mickey you're so fine) which Y/n was getting tired of hearing. 

Lunch passed by rather quickly. Y/n ate lunch, and waited for lunch to be over. Then, it was indoor recess. Y/n sat down in her regular seat, and someone she didn't know sat next to her. "Hi...um... I'm Dan." Y/n looked at Dan, wondering whether to talk to him or not. Dan started talking. "You know, I almost stabbed myself twice..." I responded with "...Really?" Dan continued to talk about his mental health issues, but strangely enough, Y/n felt comforted sitting next to Dan. Dan finally asked, "Are you okay? I noticed that you're exhausted today..." Y/n nodded and said, "Yes. I do not sleep in general though so..." Y/n didn't finish the sentence. Instead, Dan just stared at her in shock. "How are you not dead?" 

Y/n did not know the answer so she simply said "I don't know." Dan started to consider befriending Y/n. So, ten minutes later, Dan asked, "Do you... want to be... friends with me Y/n?" But then, the history teacher walked in and said, "Laptops out! Open up your class work and start taking notes!" After history class was over, Dan asked Y/n the same question and she simply asked, "You will not leave me... correct?"