One

The sun seeped in through the window waking Daciana up. She stretched her arms and let out a yawn. She looked at the time and freaked out.

It was 8am! Class started by 8:30 which meant she had just 10 minutes to get ready, 5 minutes to eat and 15 minutes to run to school!

Daciana jumped out of her small bed which made a shrieking sound as the wooden bed stand was getting pretty old.

She dashed into the tiny bathroom in her small room and threw off her clothes before turning on the shower tap.

"Sh*t" Daciana exclaimed as the water was too cold for her skin. She made the bath quick not bothering to wash her hair as she did last night.

She rushed out of the bathroom after brushing her teeth and towel dried her body. She applied body lotion and her facial cream before putting on her under garments and then her school uniform.

She hated wearing school uniforms and was
glad she was in senior year and only had three more months of school.

She sighed as she put her hair in a ponytail and stared at her reflection in the mirror.

She smiled at her beautiful self. She had blue eyes and black hair and model like structure. This made a lot of girls in her school and even in the neighborhood jealous of her. It was why she didn't have friends another reason been she was a werewolf.

Yes a werewolf, a werewolf abandoned by her pack and her own parents at the early age of six. She didn't understand why she was abandoned but she was anyway and anytime she thought about it, the betrayal of her own people, she felt heartbroken.

A tear slid down her face but it turned to that of anger. She wasn't going to cry over a pack who didn't want her. She was going to live like a human.

She picked up her old school bag and walked out of the room. She saw her adopted mother cooking something in the kitchen.

The woman she cherished a lot, the woman who picked her from the orphanage where she was dumped thirteen years ago by her own parents. The only woman who knew her secret....

"Good morning pumpkin." Maria smiled at her.

"Morning mom." Daciana said as she rushed over to her mother and placed a kiss on her cheek.

"You know you're late, don't you?" Maria asked smiling. She stuffed some pancakes in Daciana's mouth.

"I told you mom to always wake me once it's 7 0'clock," Daciana complained rushing her breakfast.

"I know dear, am sorry." Maria replied as she placed a cup of tea on the kitchen table for Daciana.

Once she was done with her breakfast, Daciana kissed her mom goodbye and ran out of their little house. It was small but enough for just two people.

Daciana's school wasn't too far from her house, just three streets away. With Daciana been a werewolf, it was a piece of cake for her to run to her school in fifteen minutes without running out of breath.

On her way, she met some of the popular girls from her class who were always ganging up against her. She stopped running once she reached the school's gate and arranged her uniform and hair before walking in.

"Oh would you look at that, if it isn't little miss bratty show off." Liela the leader of the popular girls said.

"Or should we even call her that seeing as she's always in rags." Gina said and they all burst out laughing.

Daciana ignored them and walked to her class, she had arrived just in time because the bell just chimed signalling the beginning of classes for the day.

That morning, Daciana had Maths which was surprisingly an easy subject for her. Daciana was very intelligent and every teacher's favorite student. This was also another reason why she had a lot of haters.

She didn't give a f*ck about them anyway because soon she'd be graduating to college.

Daciana's life goal was simple. Go to college, become a renowned Gynecologist and make her dear mother proud.

However, Maria had other plans for her daughter. She wanted Daciana to be part of a pack hopefully her mate's pack. She wanted Daciana to find her mate and live happily with him but she never voiced these thoughts out to Daciana as she didn't want to make her sad.

Daciana never liked the topic of joining a pack after what her old pack did to her. She wanted to live a normal human life with her mother, and maybe marry some human guy she'll fall in love with.

When it was lunch break, Daciana went to the cafeteria to eat. She accidentally bumped into Brian, one of the most famous guys in senior class B. She was in senior class A. So she didn't run into him often.

"Uh, am sorry." She said and looked up at him. Suddenly her wolf started behaving weirdly. She was surprised as her wolf was always quiet.

She noticed what her wolf was trying to tell her. Brian was a werewolf! How had she not known this for all the years she had been with Brian in highschool? It must be because she just turned 18 last year and she was still getting acquainted with her wolf.

"You're a werewolf." Brian said in a voice only both of them could hear.

"Yes." Daciana said still shocked.

"Let's talk later, after school hours, meet me at the baseball yard." Brian said and left.

******

Hi guys!

This is my first werewolf book. I hope you're all liking it so far. Please vote and comment to show some love🙏💜