I|This Feels Like The End|I

Miracle Baby

"Its Jacob"

"Alright, so then you carry the two over" Jacob explained on the phone.

"Wait wait slow down...what do I do with the three?" The teenager on the phone asked in confusion.

"The three? There is no three?" Jacob said confused as well.

"Wait...what question are we on?" The teen asked as Jacob sighed.

"Wes...you really are hopeless" Jacob pinched the bridge of his nose, slightly chuckling.

"...Man fuck this, I'm googling it" Wes said annoyed.

"We started five minutes ago, we're on question one" Jacob said, it was exactly what Wes deserved for waiting until the night before to finish his math homework.

"Exactly, this shits gonna take ages...thanks for the help though..." Wes thanked.

Wes was Jacobs best friend, and other than his brother, was the one who understood him the most, Jacob excelled at most things academically, and while he wasn't terrific at sports, he could decently hold his own in most sports. 

Jacob and Wes became friends through Wes's mother and the now sheriff of Woodsboro, Judy admiring his smarts, so she slipped a then 12 year old Jacob 5 bucks a week to tutor her son, he was able to help raise Wes's grades a fair bit by the time the two went into high school.

"I'm just gonna go man, its nearly midnight, I can handle Mr Santaro's wrath tomorrow, cya man" Wes says, yawning.

"Goodbye, you still on for tomorrow?" Jacob asked.

"Hell yeah man, y'know, I think I've finally mastered the 'fallen ashes kombo'" Wes quoted. 

Another thing the two bonded through was they love of fighting games, Wes took joy in the fact he was better at Mortal Kombat than Jacob, but it only took Jacob two weeks of playing the newest one when it came out to master a character, Wes has been trying to beat him ever since, he has never succeeded.

Wes hung up, and Jacob rubbed his eyes, it was quite late at night and he was beginning to get hungry, however he would never sleep until his brother got back, just in case he got into an accident.

The landline began to ring and Jacob sighed, standing up with a creak of his sofa, walking over the old red carpet into the kitchen, mobile phone in hand, texting Wes about menial things.

By the time Jacob had reached the phone, it had stopped ringing, however it began again, so he assumed it must be important, Jacob lifted it up, and a voice spoke.

"Hey, is Cole there?" A girls voice asked, Jacob didn't recognise it.

"No, but you can leave a message" Jacob blankly requested.

"Oh uh...okay sure...just tell him I uh...had a good time last night" The voice said, and Jacob slightly cringed.

"...Yeah...will do" Jacob said, back, going to hang up.

"You're not...Jacob Rodgers are you?" The voice asked, almost smiling.

"I am...who's asking?" Jacob asked, and received a small chuckle.