𝟬𝟭. 𝗘𝗹𝗹𝗲

Elle Carter pulled up outside of the queen vic pub. She knew how it had been a couple of years since she had been there. Since she had been attacked by her own uncle.

Elle knew it was hard for her to be there. But her mum needed her. Her dad had gone missing out at sea. And he was now presumed dead.

Elle knew how she was a daddy's girl. And it was hard for her to be in a place where she had the best memories with her dad.

Taking a deep breath, she climbed out of her car and looked around. "Elle?"

Elle turned to see Jack Branning. She smiled. "Hey. I heard you got married. Congratulations," she said.

Jack rolled his eyes. "I'm not talking about that," he said as he looked to her. He smiled. "I'm sorry about your dad. He was a good friend."

Elle smiled. She looked to him. "It's funny, I never thought I could imagine this place without him. Now I can't imagine him ever being here," she said as she looked up to the pub.

Jack took her hand. He knew how he and Elle used to flirt around. But that was before she left. He didn't know where they stood now.

***
Elle walked into the pub. She saw her mum behind the bar. "Mum?"

Linda looked to her. She ran over. "Elle. When did you get back?" She asked.

Elle smiled. "I came back for you. I've only just gotten here. I couldn't leave you to deal with this alone," she said.

Linda pulled her into an hug. She felt the tears slipping down her cheeks. "Thank you baby."

"Where's Annie? I need to have a cuddle with my sister," Elle said as she smiled and walked off.

****

Jack was sitting in the living room. He was worried about Amy. And how her self harm was getting worse.

He knew he needed to talk to someone about it. He felt like he was to blame for what was going on with his daughter. He had been distracted.

Jack knew he needed to put his marriage to one side and focus on being a father. Amy was only young. And he didn't even know what was going on with Ricky.

He knew his kids needed him.

****

Elle looked up as Jack walked into the bar. She smiled. "Hey. I didn't think I'd see you again today. Is everything okay?" She asked.

Jack sighed. "Pint please."

Elle smiled. She poured his drink and looked to him. "You know, men tend to open up to barmaids. They find they usually don't listen. But if you want to talk, I'm here for you," she told him.

Jack looked into her eyes. He saw how she had a twinkle in them. It was that alone that made him want her.

Jack knew how she was going through her own stuff. What with her father being missing. He couldn't go there with her.

Elle looked to him. "So. What's going on?"

"Amy. She's been self harming. And I don't know what I can do to help her. Denise usually gets her to open up. But she's been distracted lately. I don't know what to do," Jack told her.

Elle smiled. "If you want, I can talk to her? I'm not family. So it might be easier for her to open up to me," she said.

"You'd do that?"

Elle nodded and smiled. "Course. Young girls usually open up to someone if they know there's no personal connection there. Send her my way tomorrow. I'll help her if I can," she said.

Jack looked to her and smiled. But neither of them were aware of how they were about to embark on a thrilling chase of desires.