001.

KEROSENE | KERO.
9:30 PM.
SAN FRANCISCO, CA.

"JUST TRIPLE CHECKING" kerosene thought to herself as she stared at the reflecting mirror. she put away her fit-me powder and smoothed out the well-fitting dress she had on.

she was in her hometown tonight, being the only bleacher report broadcaster on the chase center floor. the game ended a few minutes ago, it being game 4 of the 2021-22 western conference with the warriors going against the nuggets.

kerosene rarely got to interview the players of her any team, so she was excited for the opportunity none the less. climbing up the ropes of the company was not easy, but she'd overcome it in such a quick amount of time.

with one more look in the crystal clear mirror, she left the woman's bathroom and made her way to the gym.

there she spotted her close colleague, taylor rooks. "you're finally out the bathroom i see". the girls linked arms as they stared at the court. "shut it, i was checking my makeup" kerosene snickered.

taylor just nodded before she turned to her friend. "you haven't done one of these in a while huh?" her voice spoke.

her words swooned around in kerosene's head. "it's been about a year and a half give or take." she merely answered.

"i just hope i don't mess up"

due to some complications with her grandma's health, a while ago the girl took a view months to family time. the rest of the carson's still lived in sf, which is another reason why whew couldn't wait to come back.

unbeknownst to her though, going on leave terminated her ability for the big promotion she was working toward. when she came back, she had to start it all over from the bottom.

it didn't take her long, but she was still a little rusty from the thing she used to be so good at.

"ke it's alright. y'know, you look so pretty the guy won't even hear you if you mess up. just mesmerized by that beautiful face of yours—" taylor attempt to comfort, grabbing kerosene's face and leaving air kisses.

"okay! okay! okay! get off" the girl said between giggles, "you're such a pain" she joked at a smiling taylor.

"you know you love me" "that i do."

the conversation became silent. "you won't mess up. you're kerosene fucking carson, the best journalist in this hoe!" her friend spoke. those words left a soft spot in kero's heart.

"that i am! whew, i got this" she encouraged to herself as her eyes shut. taylor looked around, making eye contact with a light skin man.

she ushered him over, in which he left the conversation he was engaged in and made his way to the woman.

she met him half way, pointing to kerosene. "hey taylor! long time no see!" his deep voice boomed, bringing the girl into a hug.

she accepted it, pointing the camera crew to stand by a praying kerosene.

"what's up jordan, so you're probably wondering why i called you over here! well, my friend is also a journalist here tonight but she hasn't interviewed a player in quite some time. i saw you over there and realized that you're like... her favorite player ever, so i was hoping you'd let her do the honors?"