bye brazil

moving away is harder then i imagined it would be.
don't get me wrong i love brazil, but just not my lifestyle here.

in Rio de Janeiro there's two parts
the rich part: where my best friend sofia is from
they have the white perfect sand beach, nice restaurants, big houses, nice clothes, big shopping malls and country clubs & night clubs
and
the poor part: where i have so unluckily grown up in
we have houses stacked on houses over crowding everywhere, wrecked concrete football pitches behind nearly ever house, a river to swim in, some shops for essentials and no internet

me and sofia met in school , which is basically the he only thing the two parts share
she is older then me by a year making her 19 and me just 18
i did up a year in school, i'll never know why i'm not overly smart or anything , but grateful i did.
she took me under her wing when i was 10 and gave me as much as the rich part life as she could
she brought me to her beaches, gave me her clothes she didn't like anymore, brought me clubbing , let me sleep over a lot and let me watch formula one on her tv
i basically live in her house, my dad and his wife don't care with their 2 new children, there more happy for me not to be there all the time

my mam and dad had 3 kids together. my sister who is 24 ( my mam had her at 18 ) , my brother who is 22 and me. when i was 5 they got divorced. my mam is english so we lived in liverpool at the time, she got custody of my 2 older siblings but my dad pleaded in court to have one child and that child was me.
when i was 6 me and my dad moved over to brazil since he is brazilian and always wanted to go live back there.
when i was 7 he met his now wife, who is Argentina meaning i had to learn spanish for her , so by the age of 8 i spoke english, portugueses and spanish.
when i was 9 they got married and after that i was shut out, they wanted to start a new family fresh which i can understand leave the old life behind and i was the thing keeping it there
when i was 10 sofia moved to rio with her family, she didn't speak portuguese so when she found out i was half english we became friends very quickly
i now have 2 younger step siblings, the boy is 8 and girl is 6. but i barley see them. im never home.

when sofia was 15 she met alejandro, they dated for a year and when she was 16 she fell pregnant. they both decided to keep it , even though me and my ex boyfriend joa paul or JP told them there to young, she had her baby girl Mia when she was 17 and it is the best thing she ever did.
last year alejandro reliezed he doesn't want to settle at 19 and be a father so he broke up with sofia over text and left her and mia to go to europe.
she was heartbroken for ages which meant i took care of Mia a lot but when she finally decided it was time to move on she started texting this spanish boy called pedro.
he dmed her on instagram since she is a trying to be influencer in february and they have been texting and calling non stop for the past 2 months.
she told me he is a famous footballer for barcelona and is 20 and loves that she has a daughter and she has fallen inlove with him.

she told me about 3 weeks ago she is moving to barcelona with Mia for him. she bought an apartment and has everything sorted for when she is there.
i wasn't going to move. i had my life here. my friends, i just graduated school so partying every night, my boyfriend. everything was in brazil.
then me and JP broke up. we were always toxic but he went to far with a fight and i couldn't do it anymore. most of my friends were his friends and he lied making half them fall out with me.
after it hit me how i have to start worrying about my future, my education and future job.
i asked sof could i join her going to barcelona and when i tell u she screamed with happiness.
i applied for college there is which i got accepted into for journalism.
my dad seemed actually surprisingly sad when i told him i was going but he let me start my life.

and today i leave. i'm packed and everything is in Sofias moving trucks. Mia is excited but i don't think at 2 years old she understands what's going on, i think she just wants to go on a plane.
i said goodbye to my dad and step family and am currently walking to sofias for the last walk and view of rio for awhile.
my last view of my childhood home before leaving it.
this is harder then i thought it would be.