A Second chance

Plink...Plink...Plink, the sound of something dripping on the cold and empty rock cave echoed through the cavernous space and would conjure anxiety if listened silently for too long.

The source of it was not an open source of water, it was a boy, skin riddled with droplets of sweat and blood. Next to him was a floating heart empty with only the red outline remaining, a former shell of what it used to be.

The heavy breathing of the boy echoed through the cave, the only sound besides the dripping of blood and sweat. The boy sat there and then got up as soon as he saw something strange.

A hole of pure black, blacker than the cave's current darkness. The hole pulsated each second and as if on instinct the boy walked towards it and entered it.

Once inside he saw nothing, he was not in the same cave he was in, instead, he stood in a place that was pitch black and filled with a silent, eerie atmosphere. Then a black text box with a white outline appeared and text appeared which startled the boy.

"Greetings and welcome to a place called the void, a place beyond time and space" a text box wrote

"Who are *cough* you and what is this." The boy weakly said.

"My identity is not important but I have been watching you, I've seen your rise and fall, you are blamed and betrayed for a disaster that was your fault and you seek a way to have a second chance, in which I can give you." the text box wrote.

The boy looked dumbfounded and was filled with doubt, there was no one he knew who could help him so this is his only choice.

"I accept." the boy said and a orange button appeared and it displayed the orange words of accept.

"Press this button and your wish shall be fulfilled." the box wrote as it disappeared a few moments after the last message.

The Boy thought about and soon pressed the button in which made his body disappear and soon his soul was the only thing left which was teleported to a new world, to a second chance.