Tag, You're It

That night STILL haunts me, no matter how many times I've tried to push the memory out of my mind.

HER out of my mind; the thoughts, the touch, the feel, and the smell, everything is still so alive and it killing me me inside.

But the truth is I don't feel relief. I don't feel safe.
I am still mad at myself for leaving her for dead.

So, what I'm hoping is that my last breathe is a sigh of relief.

It's time for me to go, I'm sorry I don't belong here.

The elderly man tried stature collapsed to the title floor.

The crimson liquid flowed outward from his head.

At first it came out thick and strongly, flowing through his wrinkled fringes as he clasped the ripped flesh.

The thick fluid was no longer warmer noir, cooler than his own skin.

After a few more moments passed by, more blood
Was still pouring down his rapidly paling flesh.

But his pulse were slower, and weaker by the second.

Finally inhaling and exhaling his last breath, his eyes began to glaze over and he embraced the sweet release of death.

She walked over his lifeless body and began giggling.

He was slumped against the floor and was no longer breathing, He was somebody else's problem now.

Noiselessly, she left him there. Surely someone would find his body in the morning.

She began to stander out the front door and into the wood.

The deeper into the woodlands she went, she felt something where feasting it's eyes upon her.

"Who goes there?" She said aloud.

"I am child." A feathery man's voice rang out.

A young man in a blue jumpsuit approached the young girl.

"But sire..what's your real name?" The girl asked curiosity filling her voice.

My name is my name.

"Huh..?"

"If  you don't want a sarcastic answer, then don't ask a stupid my dear." The man responded calmly.

She began to shuffle uncomfortably away from the man in-front of here.

"What do you want from me..?" The girl winced out towards the man.

"Simple..to care for you.." the man responded.

"How do I know I can trust you?" She stuttered as she stumbled forward.

The man picked the small girl up gently holding her in his arms preventing her from falling.

"Is that proof enough?" He asked in goofy tone.

Giggling she nods at the man as carried her away into the thick underbrush and the greenery above.

The snapping of twigs beneath his feet as he walked away.

The girl looking over his shoulders at the scenery around them. The morning doves chirping their songs of greetings.

The crows cawing their warnings towards any bystanders who dared to walk by. The girls eyes drooping shut as she fell asleep.

The judging cold glares shooting back at anyone who ventured towards the sleeping girl.

The golden and yellow orb shining through the pink and blue melted sky as they passed through more of the underbrush.