Chapter 9

The next morning I woke up feeling nandini twisting and turning in my arms, her face away from mine but her hand was tightly clutching mine against her stomach. Gosh, finally after so long I woke up with a smile on my face.

Its weird becasue when I was with soha, I never cuddled with her when sleeping, I never comforted her like I comfort nandini. Her tears never hurt me like nandini's hurt me.

When soha used to cry I felt awkward almost forced to get her to stop crying but when I see nandini cry my body lights up in flames. I get angry and my whole body starts hurting.

It's like I am I physical pain seeing Nandini's tears. Last night hearing her sniffle and cry like that my heart was in so much pain.

I pulled my hand out of her her hold gently, careful not to wake her up. I pulled the blankets over her and kissed her head causing her to curl up against my arm.

I grabbed my phone and sat up going over some emails from the company, yes I run a company, its an architecture department/company. I was always interested in the company as I grew up so when I was in 12 I started learning a few things here and there and now a year later I am full on running it.

As I went over some emails there was a knock on the door, I knew it was cabir.

"Come in idiot" I said

He unlocked the door and a smile formed on his lips, I'm sure it was seeing Nandini because she is so adorable.

"Morning asshole" he said sitting beside me making me chuckle

"Morning, how are you up so early" I asked seeing it's only 7

"Esehi, I was missing this munchkin" he said caressing her hair

"Cabir"

He hummed still caressing her hair

"I messed up so bad and she forgave me becasue I asked her to forgive me but I don't know how to make it up to her"

"That's not my job Manik, you have no clue what she went through these past 6 months. She was hurting every single second yet she tried to take care of you despite the ugly and disgusting words that bitch was spitting every day at her. And honestly if it were up to me, I would have asked her not to forgive you at all" I nodded with a sad smile looking at her beside m

I never in a million years thought I would treat her like this and hurt her but I did. I had promised myself that I would take care of her but I messed up bad.

"You did fuck up but you also know you can make it up to her" he said patting my shoulder

"I know cabir but how could I do that, its like I had became blind"

"Its fine Manik, though I am pissed at you for certain things you did, we both know Nandini is a sweetheart so she will forgive you"

"How can she forgive me so easily" I asked

Cabir is my brother, not biological but he is and whenever I mess up he is the second person who knows how to help. Nandini being the first person.

"Manik a single scratch on your body and she is running around trying to heal it, a single tear in your eyes and she cries a god damn river, a single voice that speaks against you and she roars like a tigress for you. I don't know if you will ever get it but I hope for the love of god that you understand what you mean to her" he explained

He isn't wrong, Nandini is the sweetest little angel, she never fights or argues but if anyone argues with me or when I have fights she literally will hurt anyone who is hurting me.