Sinner's Touch

the only difference between a sinner and a saint
is simply who is telling you the tale of good and evil.

the only difference between a sinner and a saintis simply who is telling you the tale of good and evil

nikolai lantsov x oc, inej ghafa x oc

               All their lives they had been all they had

               All their lives they had been all they had. Mikhail and Valeriya were each other's worlds. There was no one else they were loyal to. Trust no one, that had been the last thing mother had told them before... Before she died. They grew up in the streets of Ketterdam, and with time they became members of the Crow club. They were not friends with Kaz Brekker, Jesper Fahey and Inej Ghafa. Friendship was not in the cards for them. How can you be friends with someone you cannot trust?

          Even from each other, the pair of siblings held secrets. Valeriya had known since she was young that she was Grisha. A heartrender, without training. But she would never tell anyone because she did not want a prize on her head. Val was not a pawn in the arms of anyone. And then the deal for one million Kruge went on the table. That was an offer the Egorova siblings could not refuse. But that came with certain death; another thing the Egorova siblings did not seem to mind. They had always been impossible to read.

     Mikhail was always quiet; he secretly admired Kaz Brekker, always wishing to be close to their leader. And Valeriya could not help but stare at Inej Ghafa, beautiful, beautiful Inej, and she could not help but notice how kind yet ruthless she was. It made Val love the girl so much. Both siblings pined for someone they could never have; it made trusting the Crows so much harder. And yet when they laughed as friends, they were almost as if they were friends.