04 | Wedding

[Setting: Present]

IT'S BEEN A decade since you last saw Crimson. You were well into adulthood already, yet you couldn't deny that your feelings for him had stayed, which made you all the more nervous.

"It's no rush, (Y/N)." Your sister said, trying to calm your nerves as you dug through your wardrobe. "We have all day to prepare."

"Ten years," you said. "Ten years, and he just wants to come by and see us? He's to be my husband. I have to look my best."

You didn't have to look to know she rolled her eyes.

"How would you know if he does the same for you?" She walked over, and you stepped aside as she picked a wedding dress. "He could be wearing that 'ridiculous' suit he wore when you were kids."

You crossed your arms. She did have a point, but who in their right mind would do that? "I don't think he fits that suit anymore. Hell, it's our wedding day. Why would he wear something ridiculous?"

She closed the wardrobe, holding out a white dress to you. You took it. "I digress. You'll be gorgeous no matter what by the end of the day."

You smiled at her. You moved to get changed in the dress, but she held your shoulders.

"You know what happens tonight...right? With you and him?"

Right...it was a thing for a newlywed husband and wife to have a bit of 'fun' on their wedding night.

"Yes." You reached up and held her hand. "I'll be fine, don't you worry."

You stood at the large double doors adorned with golden patterns, your father at your side. You had your arm looped with his while holding a bouquet in your other. He didn't once look at you.

Typical.

The doors creaked loudly as they opened, and with your father guiding you, you walked onto the red carpet leading to the altar, the priest, and Crimson. With the white bridal veil obscuring your view, you clutched your bouquet with clammy palms.

This is the first time seeing Crimson after years apart, and it's on your wedding day. Did he still like you, or even liked you in the first place?

As your father finally let you go as you ascended the stairs, you held the flowers in both hands as you stood across from Crimson. You could only see his form and not his features through your veil. Only a thin fabric separates you and him.

When you exchanged wedding vows, he was permitted to lift the veil covering your face.

You sucked in a breath as Crimson held the veil on the sides and slowly lifted it over your head.

Crimson, mere inches from you, stared down at you blankly. He wore a black fedora with a red and white band, a navy suit with red accents, and matching pants. He had a growth spurt as you and him were the same height as kids. Now, he was taller. You felt heat rushing to your cheeks.

He looked handsome.

Crimson gently took one of your hands and slipped on a golden ring on your finger. You stared at the ring, watching it glimmer when the lights hit it just right. Married... You are now married to Crimson. Your childhood crush.

With a shaking hand, you did the same to him. You went to rest your hand on your bouquet, but he held your hand, refusing to let go. You wanted to hide your face, possibly squeal in your pillow, but you planted yourself in the spot and hoped to Satan that you don't do anything stupid.

"You may kiss the bride."

Crimson reached out and held your chin. You stared up at him, mouth agape. He rubbed a thumb over your cheek before tilting your head towards him. He closed his eyes, leaned down, and kissed you.