3. Ideal Circumstance

TW: mention of blood (I have a friend who has a phobia)

The smell of flat bread woke Kaveh up. He looked around in confusion. On the table in front of him, there were several plates with different fillings. In the middle, there was also some spicy sauce. Kaveh knew it was from one of the dessert merchants, he made Alhaitham buy it the last time they went shopping together. He couldn't believe it hasn't spoiled already. He saw movement in the corner of his eye. His roommate put freshly baked flatbread on the table. Kaveh chuckled. He must have died of exhaustion while working on the blueprints. Alhaitham raised an eyebrow before taking off his apron and hanging it back on the designated hook in the wall. Kaveh hated that hook. Might as well put a nail in the wall, at least that way he would have saved Mora. Not that he needs to. Alhaitham walked back to the table, putting a mug in front of Kaveh before cutting the bread in half. Kaveh's stomach became to grumble, making him realise just how hungry he was. Alhaitham definitely heard it, but instead of insulting him, he walked to the other end of the table, sat down, and began to eat. After a few minutes of silence, he looked up at the blonde on the opposite side of the table. He nodded his head in the direction of the bread and added: "It's best when it's still warm." Kaveh blinked a few times before reluctantly taking half of the bread and starting to fill it. He took some lettuce and chicken strips and even... Wait tomatoes? Alhaitham hates raw tomatoes he thought to himself. He heard the other ask: "Something wrong?" Kaveh shook his head and smiled as he put tomatoes in the bread and topped it all off with the sauce.
Alhaitham watched as Kaveh's face lit up as he took his first bite. He loved pita pockets, and wouldn't shut up about them ever since he first met him. Kaveh believed he has to try them in any city or town he visits since every vendor offered different fillings. Alhaitham liked them at one vendor or if he made them himself, otherwise he wouldn't touch them. He watched as Kaveh poured himself some coffee and continued to enjoy his meal. Something about his expression, how happy he looked, it made Alhaitham's heart flutter for a bit.
Kaveh couldn't stop eating, the bread was perfect, since when does Alhaitham know his way around the kitchen? They ate in silence, when Kaveh looked up, he saw his roommate eating a pocket with one hand and holding a book open with the other. He looked annoyed, but at this point, Kaveh knew that was just his normal expression. When he finished his third pocket he leaned back in his chair, closing his eyes and enjoying the smell of coffee.
Alhaitham smirked. Only Kaveh would smell coffee for the tenth thousand times and still look like he was blessed by the archons. He rarely drank it himself and even then he preferred tea. After a few minutes, Kaveh opened his eyes and looked right at him. For a moment, everything seemed perfect. Of course, he had to ruin it. Looking back at the book he said: "Since you're free today, you will help me with the shopping and cleaning the bookshelves. And your rent is due."
Of course, Kaveh thought to himself. He probably let him eat with him just so he could make him feel guilty if he denied his request. Well, an order is a more appropriate description. His grip on the mug tightened as he answered: "I cleaned the bookshelves yesterday and I can only help you with shopping in the afternoon."
Alhaitham nodded and told him to get ready. Kaveh gave him a confused look. Alhaithams green eyes looked up from the book again. He sighed and put it away, touching his headphones before speaking: "It's five in the afternoon."
Kaveh jumped up, spilling some coffee on the table: "WHAT? It can't be, I was supposed to meet with clients. WHY DIDN'T YOU WAKE ME UP?"
Alhaitham watched as his roommate ran into the living room only to come back and shout some more: "ALHAITHAM WHERE ARE MY BLUEPRINTS?!"
Alhaitham looked at him and answered in his monotone voice: "I sent them to your clients. I also told them to expect you tomorrow since today you are needed by the Acting Grand Sage."
Kaveh's eyes resembled two tiny orbs of fire at this point. He took a deep breath before slowly speaking: "You took my blueprints and sent them to clients, without my permission may I add, because you WANTED ME TO GO SHOPPING WITH YOU?"
Alhaitham closed his right eye as Kaveh's voice got louder.
Kaveh turned away and walked out of the kitchen. Alhaitham sighed as he stood up and followed him. As he got to the living room he saw Kaveh sitting on the couch, squeezing the pillow that he probably imagined as Alhaitham's neck. The silver-haired man sat next to him and waited for Kaveh to calm down. In his head, his roommate was just being emotional again and just needed to calm down. Then he will see reason.
Kaveh glared at him, as he squeezed the pillow harder. He couldn't stop his words as they left his lips: "Are you really this dumb Alhaitham? You had no right to interfere with my work. I GET IT. You don't respect me, you don't respect what I do and you're the oh all-mighty Acting Grand Sage. I get it, you don't like me, but you don't need to ruin my reputation as an architect just because you have no one else to torture with your enormous superiority complex."
He tried to get up when he felt Alhaitham pin him down on the couch, his face close enough to his to kiss him. His green eyes radiated with anger as he spoke in a low, harsh tone: "I don't care what you think of me, but you will be damn sure I won't watch you work and starve yourself to death for the sake of a few smiles and nods. I used my title so your clients wouldn't have to find out the real reason why you couldn't show up today." Kaveh couldn't breathe as he felt Alhaitham's strong arms holding him down. He couldn't help but wonder how his lips would feel on his skin or maybe... His face turned red as he looked away, but he knew Alhaitham must have seen him blush. He felt him let go and move away. After clearing his throat, he stood up and told him to get ready. Kaveh watched him walk away as he could still feel his hot breath on his skin. Why the Celestia was he thinking about that? Fortunately, his thoughts were interrupted by Mehrak, who tried to get in the house by basically screaming until someone let them in. When inside, they opened one of the compartments, revealing three letters. In them, two of his clients accepted his blueprints, asking him to meet with them a week later to sign a contract. Mehrak dropped the blueprints on the table as Kaveh opened the last letter. There was some sand in the envelope and when he read it, his face turned pale. Not again.
Alhaitham walked into the living room just as Kaveh broke one of the ornamental lights, his eyes emotionless, as blood dripped down his hand.

I hope you enjoy this, I enjoyed writing it, also l appreciate any comments if you have any :)