One last dance.

Financier was never a fan of change.

So when the paladin academy told her that she would leave the patrol team to be the consul's bodyguard, she wasn't exactly happy.

"Could you believe it? My bestie is the bodyguard of the consul!" Madeleine beamed, polishing his dear armor after a friendly 1v1 against her

"First of all, I'm not your bestie."- She carefully places her sword in her bag as he scoffs  -"Secondly, I haven't even met him. If I don't like how he is, I'm asking them to change me back." She huffs as she takes a sip of her water bottle. Madeleine chuckles and pats her back.

"Whatever you say, Financier. I'm going home"

She huffs again, rolling her eyes playfully -"Goodbye, you big himbo."

After packing her stuff, she takes the bus to where she had agreed to meet with Elder Custard Cookie, the one who had the wonderful idea of her serving the consul. The elder starts walking towards the mansion with her following silently behind. Once they entered the mansion, Financier looked around. It was enormous with golden decorations and plenty of portraits. It wasn't as tacky as mansion Madeleine, but it still kept its elegance. It seemed like she had zoned out, because before she could notice, they were at the door to the consul's office. Elder Custard Cookie opened the door, making the young consul look up startled.

"Clotted Cream Cookie, this is your new bodyguard..." Elder Custard Cookie stares at her, not knowing nor wanting to know her name.

"Financier Cookie, at your service." She politely bows at him. He stands up and approaches her.

"I'm Consul Clotted Cream Cookie, pleasure to meet you too." He smiles at her with his signature perfect smile and shakes her hand.

———

"So Financier, what made you want to be my bodyguard?" He grins, looking at her while calmly sitting down on the small couch of the airship. She looks at him while standing up besides him

"Well, the council of Elders decided it. With the threat of the white masks, it is considered safer for you to have a bodyguard sir, but my input does not matter." She looks back at him, her expression still stoic and unreadable.

"I am quite capable of defending myself, so I don't understand why." He looks out the window, his expression also unreadable.

Once they arrived to their destination, they were greeted by the powerful smell of vanilla orchids. Seems like they were in the vanilla kingdom. Financier looked around for any threats as Clotted Cream practically ignored her presence. As they walked through the Vanilian streets, she couldn't help but feel like something would go wrong, maybe it was just her, but it felt like he was walking through the sketchiest streets just to test her.

"Sir, may I suggest not heading through these streets? They may be full of threats and it is not recommendable that we get into trouble." She asks him, remaining behind him.

"And? Didn't you say that your input doesn't matter?"- He glares at her still walking - "Besides, you're just a lowly paladin whose only job is to-" He suddenly bumps into a group of cookies that grasp him by the collar and shove him into a wall

"Look what the cat brought us. A selfish little weak blondie."- One of the cookies chuckles as another one grasps Financier. -"And look at this other cookie!"- The cookie takes her sword - "Such women like you belong in the kitchen, not with swords as if they were brave men. Disgusting."

This makes Financier snap. She could bear the consul sub estimating her, but some freakish cookie that wants to beat her up telling her she belongs in the kitchen? Never. She immediately grabs the cookie's neck and kicks them in the stomach, freeing herself and her sword. She immediately grabs her sword and heads towards Clotted Cream.