8. Dont kill anyone tonight

We leave the house before the boys get back. The place is packed. We chose a bar and grill considering I'm starving.

We're sat at a small table across from each other. I order a burger and a coke. Cade orders a burger, beer and a martini for me.

I'm greatful but I can't help but question if it's because he knows I get touchy after a couple drinks.

I want to relax, im supposed to be having fun but I keep finding myself looking for people I graduated with. I'm scared someone will ask questions, make comments, like they used too.

I spot a guy at the bar. He nodded at me when I walked in, but nothing further happened. I remember him as one of rafes friends. 

"So how's your dad's case?" Cade asks while he slips his beer. "No progress. Its gonna go cold soon. People get lost at sea all the time, my dad was loosing his mind. It's not impossible that he fucked something up and got lost or stuck" I shrug

"Im sorry bella" he holds my hand that sits on the table.  "Im comming to terms with it" I sigh. That's a lie, if anything I'm going just as crazy as my dad.

Our stuff arrives and we're quiet as we eat. I sip the martini but my main focus is the coke. I don't wanna even get buzzed.

As we finish we talk about John b. "I've been trying so hard and it just feels like he wants me dead" I say, alittle teary eyed. "Im sure he doesn't want you dead. You have to put yourself in his shoes-" "I have. A million times. I've apologized and have been his maid for the past week and nothing is good enough" I shake my head.

I'm on my second drink, this one some fruity concoction. "Maybe he needs time" csde shrugs. "Yeah. Maybe" I sigh, talking to my drink.

"Arnt you alittle young to be drinking maam?" A voice asks from behind me. "I- rafe" for a moment my heart relaxes and then I remember my fiance is here.

"I could ask you the same. And dont call me maam. Im not old enough to be a maam" I nod to the beer in his hand. "Yes maam" he smile.

"Cade" Cade shoots his hand over the table to introduce himself. "Rafe Cameron" rafe cocks an eyebrow at me. "Rafe, this is my fiance" Im looking at Cade when I say it because I don't want to see rafes reaction.

"You got yourself one pretty girl caden" rafe tucks a hair behind my ear, i hold eye contact with Cade. "Its just Cade. And I know, step the fuck back dude" Cade says under his breath. Rafe chuckles.

"Sure caden. Whatever you say" rafe steps away to sit with his friend. "babe who was that?" Cade shoots me a look. "A friend. That's it. Barley it." Scared he's assume the worst.

He nods and drinks the rest of his beer. "Im gonna use the bathroom" he excuses him self and then he's gone.

"I dont like him" rafe appears in Cades seat. "You don't have to. I'm the one marrying him" I roll my eyes but I'm smiling. "Yeah I don't like that either. I thought you didn't want him to come to town?" He takes my drink and sips it.

I tell him about what John b said. I don't think I've ever seen him get so mad. "As much as I like having you in town, I would have left town the second he said something like that" "Yeah, gives you alittle hint to why I left in the first place" I force a smile.

"What did I tell you?" Cades voice sounds from behind rafe. "Were having a conversation" rafe says, still looking at me.

Cade pulls rafes chair out. Rafe stands and pushes Cade. "Scared your girl likes me better?"

Please don't let this happen. I rush to cade. "Don't do this" i beg. He's not looking at Me, he's staring at rafe. He says something but I'm looking around for someone who can break this up.

"I- would you get out of the way?" Cade pushes me behind him. "You wanna be pushy?" Rafe pushes him. "Huh? You like being pushed around?" Again.

"Guys come on" I say from behind cade. "Hit me. Do it. Swing first so I can beat your ass" Cade chuckles lowly. Cade is not a big man, but anger rules his decisions.

Cade ducks and rafes fist connects with my face. I stumble backwards, holding my cheek. They both crowd around me asking if I'm okay. Someone, I'm assuming staff tells us we need to leave.

I dig through my purse, dropping a 50 on the table and leaving. I hope that was enough. I cant see straight, tears streak my vision. The two boys are yelling from behind me but I don't listen.

What the fuck? Why couldn't I just have a good night? I sit in the passenger seat of Cades car. Rafe talks to me through the window as Cade gets in. "Ill text you, im so so sorry-" he's cut off by Cade rolling up thw window.

The ride home is silent. I try to nap against the window but my cheek is bruised. When we get home I go straight to bed, ignoring the boys that follow me to my room. "Bella what the fuck" jj grabs my wrist lightly.

"Was this you?" I hear John b talking in the hallway. "No some fucking idiot" Cade snaps back. "Rafe" I sigh. "What?" Jj is pissed. "Its complicated. I just Wanna go to bed" I shake my head.

"Well take care of it" John b nodded. "No. Please don't kill anyone tonight. We'll talk about it tomorrow"i shake my head, holding eye contact with jj. "Bella" "no." "I- okay fine. But we're talking as soon as you wake up" John b rolls his eyes.

Cade and I are quiet getting ready for bed. He cuddles up to me but doesn't say anything. Not even a sorry.

I'm not even mad at rafe. Im mad at Cade. Not that he should have taken the blow but he knew I was right behind him. I had asked him to stop before it escalated.

"I love you" he mumbles into  the back of my head. "I love you too" I sigh. I sleep terribly.