|Why?...|

|
|
|
|

It had been around an hour now, Parker was getting worried. Normally Chester wouldn't be this long.

He knew something wasn't right, and he knew exactly what had happened.

As soon as the realisation hit him hard like a bullet, he stood up so fast and so abruptly that he knocked over the stool he was sitting on, but he was out of the house before it even had a chance to hit the floor.

He was sprinting at full speed down the sidewalk, not caring about the countless eyes following him as he pushed past people. He had to save his friend. He had to.

He knew disgusting lies would be told to Chesters face, making him hate his friend. He couldn't let it happen. It had been too close last time, it wasn't actually happening this time.

|
|
|
|

Chester opened his eyes with a jolt. He had something over his mouth, his arms and legs tied so tightly behind him he couldn't feel them anymore.

'mMmMmmMMmMmM!' He tried. He couldn't get a single word out. He was stuck.

Just as he started to shuffle around, a tall, slender figure emerged from the shadows.

'Oh my poor, poor little Chester...' a horrifyingly familiar female voice teased, 'you really thought you could steal him from me? Did you? Well I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but me and Parker are in a relationship, and he hates your guts just as much as me..'

As Chester blinked more and more he realised who was standing before him.
Oh how obvious it was. It was the one and only Maya Wilson. Of course.

'MMMMMMMmmMmmMmMmMMmMMMM!' The boy struggled, rocking the chair he was bound to back and forth.

The black haired girl ripped the tape from her captives mouth. 'Speak. You have 30 seconds before I plunge this freshly sharpened knife into your throat and drag it through you until your insides are spilling out and you are cut right in half.'

'. . . Why?' Was all Chester said. He had lost hope. Parker didn't love him according to Maya, he hated his guts. He wanted him dead. So there was no point.

'Oh. I'll tell you why. You stole Parker from me. He was mine before you came along, you broke us up. As soon as Parker uttered the words 'I'm breaking up with you' I told myself I would stop at NOTHING to get him back. To get you out of our lives for good. He was mine first, and when I found out you loved him and he loved you, that only fuelled my rage even further. Now, we won't ever have to worry about you again, we'll live the happy life I dreamed of. Having three beautiful children, getting a dog, buying a house together, having my dream wedding, all of the good stuff. That will all be happening now. My dreams will finally come true. Now, do you have anything else to say?'

Chester's silence was deafening. He had nothing else to worthlessly murmur before being torn limb from limb by this devilish creature. He had nothing else he wanted to know now.

'That settles it then. Time to die.'

The woman gripped the knife tight with both hands and raised it above her head, an evil smile spreading across her face and a maniacal laugh leaking out from her lips. She was going to make his death slow and painful.

Chester closed his eyes as her arms shot down and a horrible pain spread through his body like an electric shock. He was actually going to die.

He felt the object slowly make its way up from the bottom of his stomach, she was heading for the throat. She hadn't done it the way she said she would, but oh well.

Blood oozed through the wound and onto his clothing, his perfectly white shirt now looking as if it had been red from the start.

Maya hated the fact that Chester wasn't screaming in pain, that he wasn't begging for mercy. She wanted to hear his pitiful cries before his eternal silence.
She thought he was more pathetic than he turned out to be.

Chester had almost completely lost consciousness at this point, but then he heard an oddly familiar voice shout through the darkness, he could almost say who it was, but he couldn't quite reach it.

Then, the knife stopped. The pressure on it stopped. He felt the hand that held the weapon be yanked back, then a scream erupted.

Then, before total darkness, he heard the voice scream at Maya the singular word of: 'WHY?!'

|
|
|
|