0012

Charley knew how she was back in Rochdale. She knew how it was only going to be so long until Max was released. And she was scared.

She knew how she got scared and ran but she knew how this was also Max's baby. And she couldn't run forever.

Charley sighed as she stood in front of the mirror. She placed a hand on her bump and sighed.

Charley knew how messy that things were with her and Max. She knew how she had to face it.

She walked down and made herself a hot chocolate and sighed.

She looked to see the door open. She looked up and smiled as she saw Layla.

Layla looked to her. "Hey. Are you okay?" She asked.

Charley looked to her. She smiled. "I'm okay. My head is a mess. And all I can do is think about Max. How am I meant to go and see him when I ran with his child?" she said.

Layla smiled. "You were scared. He said he was going to take your child from you. I know that you're scared. But it will be okay," she said.

Charley sighed and nodded."I guess so. I just want to make things right. I know Max and I have both messed up."

"You need to try and sort it with him. For the sake of the baby. Look at what Tom and I went through. If we can sort things, so can you and Max," Layla said as Charley looked to her and smiled.

****

Charley sighed as she heard a knock at the door. She sighed to herself as she answered it. She saw Max and sighed. "I don't want to argue," She said.

Max nodded.  "Neither do I. I am glad you came back," he said with a smile.

Charley nodded and sighed. "I thought it was best for the baby. I am not going to spend my life looking over my shoulder. But that doesn't mean I want to fight custody with you either. We have both made some mistakes. And we need to try and make it work together. So we can raise this baby," she said.

He looked to her for a moment. He looked to her and smiled. "You're right. We have both messed up. And I am sorry for my part," he said ad Charley smiled.

Charley knew how none of it was easy. She knew it wasn't easy. But she knew how she and Max had to try.

****

Charley got back to work. She stood in her classroom and sighed. She knew how she and Max were trying to do better. And how it wasn't easy. She knew it was a mess.

Charley knew how she wanted to do what was best for her baby.

Charley wanted to do what was right. She wanted to be a good mum. But she knew it wasn't easy.

All that Charley knew was that it wasn't going be easy with Max Tyler.

But could she and Max really try to be civil for the sake of their baby? Knowing it won't be easy.