nineteen

"I'm not wearing that." Katherine told them, her face dead serious as she held out a hand to prevent Amaya from putting on the fake mustache above her lip. Amaya was standing right in front of her, but the height difference between them required Katherine to lean down, so there wasn't much she could do to place it on without Katherine's permission.

"You can't be Mario without the mustache." Camren pointed out as he grabbed it off of Amaya's hands and handed it off to the brunette. Katherine held it between her fingers, her eyes glancing back at Amaya and Camren before huffing and placing it on. "You guys are seriously fucked up for making me wear this."

Amaya lightly tapped down on the mustache to get the glue to stick down onto her skin smoothly. "Trust me, this one is better than the one he was planning on getting you."

Carmen didn't believe that at all, so he told Katherine, "It was an inmate costume and I bet you would've looked insane in it, but Amaya wouldn't let me buy it."

"I didn't think it would be appropriate, considering, you know-"

"I got it, Maya, no need to overshare." Katherine interrupted her quickly.

"You guys always do this to me." Camren pointed out, noticing their secrecy. "What's so bad about an inmate costume?"

"Nothing."

The feeling of her phone vibrating in Katherine's back pocket gained her attention and she took it out, glancing down to see who was calling her but the contact was marked as unknown. "Anyone important?" Camren asked.

Katherine shook her head and hit the decline button before slipping it back into her pocket. "Don't think so."

The loud music blasting from within the house was already making her uncomfortable and the amount of people there wasn't making her feel any better. Camren wrapped his arms protectively around both of his friends, slowly guiding them into the house and towards the kitchen where the drinks were. "You both are more than welcome to have as many drinks as you wish. I'll sit this one out and drive you guys' home whenever you're ready to leave."

Amaya looked at him suspiciously, a teasing smile on her lips. "You trying to get us drunk, Cam?"

Camren leaned across the kitchen island to grab the large bottle of whisky in one of the bowls and placed it into Amaya's hands since he knew it was her favorite alcoholic beverage. "I prefer you sober, but we both know that's not going to happen, Mymy."

Amaya grabbed the beverage and set it back onto the table, "I'll abstain from alcohol just this once so I can prove you wrong."

Camren's mouth opened wide as he chuckled, not necessarily because he didn't believe her but because she actually meant it. "What about you, Katherine?"

Katherine looked back over at them and shook her head. "Alcohol and my insanity don't mix well together."

Camren obviously didn't understand what she was implying so he took it as a joke and laughed it off, but it got Amaya's attention almost immediately and she grabbed both of their hands before leading them away from the alcohol. Katherine avoided hitting anyone as they walked away from the kitchen, but the place was packed with people, and she accidently ended up hitting some random guy on the shoulder which caused him to spill his drink on himself.

"Oh, shit, I am so sorry." Katherine apologized, reaching down to remove one of her white gloves and running it through his cardboard costume to get the stains off.

"Do you find me attractive?"

Katherine's mouth opened to say something, but then she closed it and let out a small giggle. "What?"