I Wanted to be Like You!

Note: This is a request from my tumblr (IkariSenpai)

Request: Pathfinder, Octane, reacting to a gender neutral reader who copys peoples personalities or something, but they're this shy reader, and does this to them cuz they like them or something maybe?

~~~~~

"Good morning, friend, how are you?" Pathfinder said as he had walked down the hall past y/n's room. Octane peaking in as he blushed, feeling embarrassed for what could only be spying, but was trying to figure out what y/n was doing as they were making a lot of noise inside their room. Octane waving Pathfinder to be a little quiet as he pointed and saw that y/n was standing in front of the mirror. Their h/l h/c hair framing their face quite nicely and their e/c colored eyes just staring at the mirror as if they were really focusing on whatever they were doing.

"Think they're okay?" Octane asked as he saw y/n talking. He couldn't really hear what they were saying but the way they were jumping around and laughing it sounded like they were having a good time.

"I would believe so! They look like they are having fun! Shall we go join them?" Pathfinder asked as Octane shook his head no, "No, I don't want to spook them. They always go quiet whenever I'm around them and seeing that their pretty vocal while alone is nice. I just wish they would talk to me more when we're not in the games or this whole friendship is going to be a bust." Octane said as Pathfinder frowned a little. The two of them watching from the doorway as y/n spoke for the first time since jumping around and this time it made Octane blush a little.

"I like the wind in my hair, bugs in my teeth, and long walks off a high cliff." y/n mimicked Octane as they ran a hand through their hair, a finger against their teeth, and pretended to fall from a cliff as they landed on their bed with a laugh. Their laugh sorta musical as Octane noted that they did a pretty good job at pretending to be him.

"Surprise! ..I hope I didn't scare you." y/n said a few seconds later as they moved from the bed back to the mirror. Their smile pretty large by this point as someone had a lot of energy in them.

"Wow, that was amazing. They're doing a good job at pretending to be us." Pathfinder said as Octane nodded, "I wonder how long they'll do this until they realize they're not alone." Octane asked as they both turned back and looked over at y/n once more. They were aiming their arm up into the air as if they had a grappling hook and then pulled a trigger pretending to swing from it and spoke in what both boys thought could be Pathfinder's voice.

"Get ready! I'm coming for you, friend."

"Think they like us or something?" Octane asked as he glanced at Pathfinder, "Or maybe they want to be like us?"

Pathfinder shrugged his shoulders. The two of them watching y/n more as Lifeline came out of her room and noticed the two of them spying on poor little y/n.

"What are you two up too?" Lifeline asked as Octane waved her to be quiet like he did to Pathfinder not too long ago.

"We're watching, keep it down, Che." Octane said as Lifeline peaked in feeling horrible for entering y/n's personal space without saying something. y/n was once again bouncing around the room, dancing in front of the mirror like she was all by herself and what looked to be a pen that was laying on y/n's dresser got pressed against their chest as if they were stimming their selves.

"Mira, did you see that?! Please, tell me if somebody saw that." y/n said in what sounded like a really bad Hispanic accent. They started once again bouncing around and this time when they turned they saw all three of them standing in the doorway and on que their eyes grew three times the normal size, "H-how long-g have you-u all been watching?" they stuttered as they dropped the pen and covered their face too hopefully to hide from their embarrassment.

"No-t-t that long! Just heard some noise and wanted to make sure you were okay!" Octane spoke first as he didn't know if talking was really a good idea or if he should just head out and pretend this little thing never happened.

"What did you all hear?" y/n asked as their face was beat red. They really didn't want to hear what their answer was but was curious nonetheless.

"Majority of it. You did such a good job pretending to be me." Pathfinder said as he showed a heart on the screen that was laying against his chest. He even did a thumbs up as he was super proud.

"And you, Che, how much did you hear?"

"Not a whole lot. I was coming out of my room when I saw these two peeking in, are you okay?" Lifeline asked as she wanted to make sure y/n wasn't hurt or scared that the two were practically spying on her.

"Yeah-h I guess? I don't know?" y/n said as they didn't know what to think about the whole thing. Sure they left their door open, but their room was so hot. They wanted to leave the door open so the cool hair from the hall could seep in.

"Do you need me to kick their ass?" Lifeline asked in a joking tone.

y/n shook their head, "No, its okay. I'll just make sure I keep a mental note the next time the door is open to check so often so people aren't peeking in. Did you at least enjoy the show?" y/n asked as Octane was still beet red.

"You were incredible!" Octane smiled as he spoke some more, "You should mimic me more often!"

Lifeline smacked the back of his head as she shook it side to side. y/n began to laugh as both Octane and Pathfinder smiled, "Well, now that we're all better and everyone has said their sorry, shall we all go get lunch?" Lifeline asked as Octane's stomach growled.

"Yeah! Lunch sounds perfect!" y/n smiled as Octane started jumping around the small group.

"I'll race you to LZ!"

"Not if I beat you first!" y/n said as Octane and y/n ran off. Pathfinder and Lifeline behind them as they all headed out to lunch. The group just laughing away as this was the perfect way to end this encounter.