My papa, renaissance man(Sailed away and he never came back again)

She and Shouto are playing dollies when Father (bright father, distant father, he was loud loud loud) walks into their room. Not bothering to knock, or greet Mrs. Fujimori, he looks at them, face twisted into a scowl, and he sneers.

His body radiates stifling heat that makes the fire buzzing under her skin itch like a place she cannot scratch. Still, she turns to face him, instinctively scooting closer to Shouto as she does so, holding her hand in his. Feeling his cold skin pressing against her own. Don't let go

Father's eyes narrowed and the ominous reflections of swirling flames (red to orange, then red again. mine mine mine) in clear blue made them look like the diamonds in her picture books. Such pretty things.

"Stand up," he snaps, and Seika shoots upward, not wanting to face her fathers ire.

(not like mother, who is sad sad sad)

And Shou-chan seems to have a similar idea, because he gets up just at the same time she does. Squeezing her hands so tightly that her already pale knuckles are bleached a stark white, and his nails are digging into the back of her palm. She squeezes back, still looking at Father.

"You, follow me," Father glowered at the twins, who pressed together as though in search of heat. Father, even with his blistering flames and sandstorms was cold cold cold, "We have work to do."

And he smiles. It's a cruel thing, all teeth, and sharp edges, and vexed mockery.

He turns around, not bothering to slow down to accommodate the children, they hurry behind him. Following a trail of fire.

Why does he want them?

(why, why, why)

***

Shouto pulls his sister behind him as Father leads them out of their quarters, through the court, and into a part of the family estate they've never been in before. He opens door after door, keys making clicking noises as they hit each other.

Finally, they reach a mat room. Its appearance was starkly different to the rest of the estate, not carrying the same polished air the rest of the home seemed to drench itself in (it was empty, not of people, but of soul. there was no love in that house, no matter what fuyumi said). The walls were plastered with news articles, each one showcasing either Endeavour, or AllMight's achievements.

Shouto turned to Sei-Sei, eyes alight with confusion as Father looked at them, analysing them.

<What's he doing?> he inquires, watching as Seika looks at Father, trying to pick him apart.

They look...not the same, but remarkably similar. Father and daughter, examining each other.

And Sei-Sei inches towards him, tightening her grip on his hand, muscles stiffening. And Shouto... Shouto feels like crying as he shirks into himself, feeling oh-so small.

"Fix your posture, boy," Father all but snarls, "I will not tolerate slouching. It's unsightly."

And Shouto stands, knees trembling and eyes wet, and Seika stands beside him, back straight as she holds him close, as though daring Father to put a hand on him. Her face is settled into a deep scowl, and she has her thinking face on.

"You. Girl," and the way Father looks at Seika makes him squirm, as bright blue eyes glow, practically screaming mine (it makes shouto want to slap him), "Activate your quirk."

That makes him angry. The burning cold claws and cloys underneath his skin, begging to be let out. It's not her quirk, or his quirk. It was......