Here I am

I sat on the cold ground silent, my tears have taken over my face. I hear my fathers voice say, get up. You MUST get up! Those words spun around my head.

I wiped my face, my eyes were burning. The men saw me move and pointed the gun at me. I looked up at him with demonic eyes. He looked at me frightened, but didn't make the move of lowering the gun.

I then remembered the knife my father put in my hands before we were attacked. I slowly moved my hand, with a tight grip on the knife.

I was still looking at the man, but then I put my head down. Tears fell to the ground. In a quick motion, I looked up, holding the knife in both hands, and jabbed it straight through the mans chest. He fell to the ground with a thud. I sat on his chest screaming, crying, and repeatedly stabbing him forcefully.

When my brain finally took over my body, I looked up to find 2 guns now pointed at me. I stood up, my face down, still crying. They tied my hands and put the same bag they used earlier over my head. I was pushed to the ground. The men locked the door of the closet.

I heard the phone ringing, one of the men picked it up. As soon as he hung up, the man guarding my door left and was replaced with another man.

With my hands behind my back, I turned around, my back facing the door. I started kicking the door, but nothing happened. I sat down thinking
of what to do. I stood up and took a pin out of my hair, turned around with my back facing the door and began lock picking it.

It took a while but once I got it, I slowly opened the door, walked behind the man and kicked the back of his knee so he was on the ground. I kept kicking until I saw no movement.

I found the knife still lunged in the mans chest and I crouched over him and cut the ropes. My hands were finally free. I grabbed the unconscious mans gun and made a run for it into the woods, without a single glance back.

I honestly don't know where I'm going, but I do know that anywhere is better than here. It will be a bumpy ride, but I made it. 10 years later , I'm now 24 years old, here I am talking to you. That day still haunts me.

So its true, we really can't forget... no matter how much you try or beg. NOTHING will ever wipe it out.

You can try, but you'll have to suffer the consequences.