Chapter 8

Sasuke jumped back, only being hit by a couple. Naruto wasn't as lucky. He was knocked out.

Melody panicked when the needles came at her. She did a jutsu sign and held up her hands. "Fire style: Scorching breath!" She inhaled quickly and blew a large flame at the needles. They fell and melted into the ground. "Such strength." Haku whispered and aimed at Naruto. "No!" Melody and Sasuke yelled in sync and jumped to his aid. The two genin we're bombarded by needles. Melody fell to her knees and Sasuke was shaking. The blonde picked up his head. "Sasuke? Melody? W-Why?"

"I don't know. My body just moved on it's own." Sasuke growled. Melody smiled and turned around. "You're my friend. I'd do anything for you. So... Let's fight together." She held out her hand. Naruto looked taken aback but he nodded and the two helped each other up. Melody grinded her teeth together and tore a needle from her shoulder. It slid out and was caked with thick blood. "Have I mentioned I hate getting shots?"

Naruto chuckled and stood between his two friends. "Haku you're a coward. Come down here and face us!" Sasuke yelled, still bearing his needles. The mirrors floated to the ground and Haku stepped out. "Are these ones precious to you?" He whispered to Naruto. The blonde clenched his fists. "Yea. They're my friends." Was his reply. Haku nodded. "I see. Would you do anything to protect them?"

Naruto nodded.

"Look out!" Melody screamed looking behind. It was to fast and Sasuke was hit with flying needles. While they were a distraction, Haku took the chance to attack and knock out the raven haired boy. "Sasuke!" The two friends called as he hit the ground with a thud. Melody fell to Sasuke's side and pressed her ear to his chest. The faintest heartbeat was heard before it was quiet. "Sasuke! Get up!" She begged. Naruto's breathing became heavy. "You... You bastard!" He screamed to Haku. A red aura surrounded Naruto. His nails grew to a point and his teeth sharpened. Naruto's regular whiskers became lazily loose and looked more like cuts. "You'll pay for that!" He yelled and charged at Haku.

'Follow him. Become the beast you really are.'
"Shut up."
'He hurt your friends. Don't you want revenge?'
"I said shut up!"

It was true though. Melody couldn't hold back any longer. Black fire erupted from her feet and lit her up. The girl screamed in agony and put her nails into the ground. Her fingers began to bleed as the pain became unbearable. Melody began to lose control. Losing her conscious more and more. But she was determined to hang on. She could feel her body changing. Her black hair grew to her wait. Melody's teeth lengthened to that of a carnivore, a single fang peaked from her lip. Her nails became razors and her whole body was hot. The flames simmered down to that of a cloak and didn't bear so much pain. Melody forced control over her body. She stood up and looked around. She saw the world in red and anger melted into her heart.

'Let me take over human. This is my turn.'
"No."
A simple response came out like a roar.

'You're too weak for this form. Pathetic. Let me fight with my brother.'

Melody didn't get a say as her world went black.

The human's body fell into my control. My Chakra melted through the bars of the cage. I saw the seal weaken. "Yes. Yes. Use my chakra. Take as much as you need. With each attack this seal gets weaker. Free me!" I yelled and laughed. I felt my brother's Chakra as well. That kid must be the Jinchuriki then. What a coincidence. I called my brother and I felt him try to reach me. Eventually we could speak telepathically.

'Sister.' He chuckled. I grinned. "Brother. It's been a while." I replied. Kyubbi growled softly. 'Don't do anything rash.' He warned. "Don't order me around. This is just like last time! I'm in control of this puny human!" I spat.

'Don't kill anyone. If your Jinchuuriki is locked away, you'll be in trouble as well sister.'

I reared back. "You're controlling your Jinchuriki too! Just kill the enemy and get it over with why don't you! What's a few blood stains?"

Kyuubi waited a moment to respond. 'Don't be stupid sister. Control your hatred.' He rumbled and I felt his Chakra vanish as he left. "Such a fool." I growled and raked my claws against the bars earning nothing from it.

I tuned back into my Jinchuuriki.

Melody breathed heavily. Staring down Haku. Naruto stood beside her. He shifted his feet.

"I don't understand." Haku muttered. The black fire from Kumaru scorched the ground where Melody stood. "You hurt my friends..." He whispered. "Now pay the price!"

Melody lunged for Haku. He pulled out a kunai and swiped at her. Melody dodged only barely, a long scrape across her cheek. The fire made it sting a thousand times worse but she only wanted blood. Melody dropped to all fours and raked Haku's arm. The boy was too slow and thrown to the edge of the bridge. Naruto jumped in and stood above the weakened boy. Haku was barely conscious and a long crack ran down his mask. He struggled to look up at the two children standing before him. Lightning suddenly shook the sky. "Master Zabuza." He stated and pulled himself up. Looking at the two genin for one last time, Haku ran into the mist. Naruto's power died down and he looked around confused. "What happened to me?" He asked. Melody clenched her fists. "M-Melody? Are you okay?" He asked, moving to touch her arm. The fire burned his finger and Naruto jumped back. "Hot!" He blew on his finger. Melody's eyes turned a deep green and she fainted, her powers retreating.

'No! No! You foolish human! You're so weak!'