Lambert, Lambert, Wherefore Art Thou, Lambert?

Someone is kissing his neck. Their body is pressed up against his, an arm wrapped snugly around Lambert's middle, the other gently stroking through the hair on his chest. There's a slight chill in the air, but under his thick woolen blankets and the pleasant warmth of his bedmate, Lambert feels perfectly content.

Not quite willing to wake up yet, the witcher hums and turns into the other body, lifting his chin to provide better access. The lips continue to kiss him, moving across the newly provided canvas of skin with pleased purr. They travel upwards, pressing open mouthed kisses up the length of Lambert's throat, then under his jaw and across his face until they reach the corner of his mouth. Lambert tilts his head to kiss them properly and the purring gets louder.

The kiss is slow and drawn out, with Lambert's bedmate kissing back enthusiastically. The arm around his stomach disappears and there's brief shuffling as the other person crawls on top of him, changing the angle and deepening the kiss.

What a pleasant thing to wake up to. Lambert sighs and reaches up, pulling his partner closer and threading his fingers through surprisingly soft curly hair. He can feel a scar at the corner of their upper lip, one that he's felt against him too many times to count.

"Mmmm, Aiden."

Aiden cups Lambert's face in one hand and tilts his head so that their mouths can better slide together.

Wait.

Aiden.

Lambert's eyes snap open and he sits bolt upright, accidentally knocking his forehead against the other witcher and biting his lower lip in the process. Aiden yelps as Lambert all but throws him off his lap, curling into himself and holding his injured forehead in his hand.

"Aiden, what are you--" at this point Lambert realizes three things: one, that it is the middle of the night, two, that his room is fucking cold and most importantly, three, that Aiden is somehow not in his room where he should be, but rather in Lambert's bed.

Said Cat witcher licks the blood dribbling off his lower lip and, seemingly recovered from the shock of Lambert's reaction, and gives a confused look before crawling back over to him. When he attempts to lean in for another kiss, Lambert stops him with a hand in the center of his chest.

"What are you doing here?" Lambert hisses, glancing towards the door nervously. "How did you even--" his eyes land on the open window, the source of the suddenly frigid temperature. No fucking way.

Lambert climbs out of bed for a closer look and, sure enough, the window to Aiden's room is also open. He groans and runs a hand down his face before nearly walking into Aiden who has followed him to the window and is hovering behind Lambert, a hopeful look on his face.

"Did you fucking climb here?"

The ashamed expression and mournful sound that Aiden makes tell Lambert everything he needs to know.

Lambert breathes a laugh, shaking his head in disbelief. "Fucking hell, kitten. You're crazier than I am." Though, that much was evident already. Not even Lambert was brave enough to attempt a climb that far. But then again, before he broke his brain, Aiden had taught him everything he knew.

He...should probably send Aiden back to his own room. Lambert looks at the Cat expectantly, then gestures to the window. "I, uh, don't suppose you want to climb back?"

Aiden blinks at him.

"Aiden, you need to go back to your own room. If the others find out you left they'll..." Actually, Lambert doesn't know what they would do, but he sure as hell knows that it's a conversation he would like to avoid if given the chance.