Five --Aaron

God, Tara is annoying. First off she drew attention of every living being in this forest when she woke up here and came thrashing through the forest. Carelessly snapping branches and rustling of leaves. She definitely got my attention, along with two hungry vultures. Then she stupidly ran into a clearing, with blood on her face from a scratch, and I had to save her.

I saved her for my sake, not for her's. I can't stand watching another person get mauled to death by those beasts.

Tara is curious, and she wouldn't stop asking questions. I gave her my best answers, but I am almost as clueless about this place as she is.

All I know is that I woke up here a week or so ago, having absolutely no idea how I got here. I stumbled straight into a hunter, he just as clueless as I was. But he had a gun, and after I saw the vultures for the first time, I figured it smartest to stay with him. He showed me a cave he found, and gave me a knife and taught me how to trap small animals.

That night he was killed by a panther the size of a pick up truck. Lucky for me he left all his hunting supplies in the cave, except for his gun. Anyway is proved useless against the panther, or else the man would not be dead.

That next day I heard screams, and ran in the direction of the sound. I arrived just in time to watch a couple get picked to pieces by the vultures. The sight of that had made me sick. I stayed hidden, and waited until the vultures left, then slipped out of the woods and into the clearing. I salvaged the couple's backpacks, which to my joy were filled with camping supplies. I felt bad for just taking their things and leaving their bodies, but there wasn't much left of them anyway. Now I regret now burying them, it would have been a kind thing to do.

Its almost dawn, the first rays of the sun paint the sky a wash of purple. I sit at the cave entrance, back against the wall, gripping my knife in my hand. Tara is sound asleep at the back of the cave, dark hair messily covering her face. At least she's pretty-- I hate to think like that, but its true. I'd rather be stuck with a pretty person, rather than a horribly ugly one. Especially if they have an attitude like hers.

Its true she already drives me crazy, but the moment I saw her, she took my breath away. She had blood smeared on her face from that tiny cut, which she told me she got from a tree branch. Her hair was in two braids, long and dark.
Every time I look at her her eyes are a different color. She's stubborn and defiant, but at least she's not boring. Or maybe I am just judging her too quickly.

She is awake now, sitting up, looking at me. I say to her, "Congratulations, you survived your first night in Dreamland. Thats more than the hunter did."