Once Bitten, Twice Shy (Daily Life with a Dragon)

It's been 4 years since the founding and birth of Cinder, and life has been peaceful for the family of four. Lou doing his job as a singer/dancer, going around Ninjago for events with the other members of his singing group. While Lily stay at home taking care of her two sons. Her oldest son, being 8, was far easier than her youngest, being 4, who was a lot more difficult to care fur than she thought. Being a dragon, Cinder was more energetic and stronger than his brother. It took awhile before Lily was able to handle her youngest child.

She love her little draconian son, even with the challenges with him. He always expressed his emotions with squeaks, grunts, growls, and purrs. Lily loves him doing that, but the most that he expressed was when she try to give him a bath. Cinder squeaks excitedly when it is bath time and chatters happily while Lily bathe him.

A few months after Cinder's hatching, Lily took her sons to the store, Cole carrying his little brother around the store. Everyone coo'ed at Cinder, saying how cute and adorable he was. Cinder was getting popularity with the villagers. But as the years past, the dragonet was growing up: his horns were grew a bit, and his tail grew as well. He also was able to walk and speak, which Lily and Lou were proud of. But sadly, some things can't last  forever.

————————————2 Years Later——————————

Lily was unfortunate with sickness, it was so bad that it left her bedridden. There wasn't a cure for this sickness, sadly. So there wasn't much time for her to live, so she tried to spend as much time with her husband and children. It was hard, but she got through it. But unfortunately, the doctor came to their home and examined her. Telling her that there's nothing else he can do to save her.

A few hours later, Lou brought Cole and Cinder into the room.

"Hi you two" coughed Lily

"Mom/momma!" Cole and Cinder said, Cole jumping  up into her bed, with Cinder doing the same.

"I don't want you to be sick anymore mom" Cole said scared

"I know.... but we don't always get what we want, do we? Your father said you got in trouble at school." Said Lily

"Yeah... but it wasn't my fault. There's this kid, he's just.. he's just a big bully. He's always picking on the little kids and.." Cole said, but cut off his mom.

"And you got into a fight" said Lily, Cole looked down at his feet.

"I'm sorry mom. I promise I won't fight anymore. I'll be good from now on. I'll make you proud and... and..." Cole said, trying not to cry.

"Oh Cole! Don't you see? I am proud!!" Said Lily with a small smile "I want you to promise me Cole. That you will always stand up to those who are cruel and unjust...... always."

"I promise mom, always...." said Cole, who started to cry. Cinder whined, sadness on his face, and curled up next to his mom.

"Oh Cinder, I know, I wish this haven't happen. But stuff like this always happened. But I'm grateful of given the greatest memories, by raising you my little dragonet." Said Lily

"Thank you... sniff... momma. I'll.... sniff sniff.... miss you." Said Cinder, and he cried as well

Soon, both boy and dragonet cried themselves to sleep. Lou took the two into their room and came back, sadness and grief in his eyes.