Chapter Eighteen

Mario's POV

Me, Luigi, and the princess were at the bitty daycare. We were playing hide and seek and I was the seeker. I had just finished counting and started looking for my friends.

I found Peach hiding in a pile of stuffed animals and Daisy was hiding in a flower pot. Now I just had to find Luigi.

Even with Peach and Daisy helping me, I couldn't find him anywhere.
"He's not in the ball pit," Daisy said.
"He's not in the cat tree," Peach said.
"Well, we need to look harder!" I told them. "It's ok, sweetie. We'll find him." Peach told me.

"Umm, guys?" Daisy said. "I found Luigi. And he's not alone." We followed Daisy to see Luigi in a box comforting another bitty. The bitty was wearing a black suit and tie with a white undershirt. He had a pair of black wings. His face was buried in his hands and he was crying uncontrollably.

"Shhh...It's alright. Just let it out." Luigi said. "*sob* They're gone. *sob* I'll never see them again!" The other bitty cried. The girls and I watched with sadness. I wanted to help him but I didn't want to upset him more.

I politely asked the girls to leave so I could talk to Luigi alone. Once they left, I approached the other bitty. "Hey, why are you so sad?" The black-winged bitty looked up at me. He had blue eyes, a round nose, and a mustache.
"*gasp* You look just like me! What's your name, friend?" I asked. "Marchionne. And I'm not your "friend"." He said.

"Marchionne," Luigi said, crossing his arms "That wasn't very nice." "I know. I'm sorry. I'm just so upset! I lost my brother, Luciano!"

He explained how he and his brother were raised in a pound. When a little girl adopted him. As if being ripped away from his brother wasn't horrible enough, the girl knew nothing about proper bitty care. She not only fed him junk food but she treated him like a dolly rather than a pet. Once he finished his story, Marchionne started crying again.

"Oh my. You poor thing." Peach said. "Do you need a hug?" Daisy asked. After a minute, he nodded. My friends and I gave him a big group hug. "Everything is gonna be okay. You'll find your brother." I told him.
Suddenly, Ms. Rosalina called my name. Mama was here! Uh oh, we gotta go! Bye, Marchionne!" I said. "Goodbye."

"There you are! How are my little sweethearts?" Mama said as she hugged us. "Mama, are you okay? You look tired." Luigi said. "It's nothing. I just had a rough day at work." Mama said she worked at a retail store. She was always having to deal with rude customers and an overbearing boss.

As we went home, I thought of Marchionne. How sad I felt for him (I knew how much losing a family member hurt) and why did he look just like me? Were we...related?

Okay so like Alice I had to change Marchionna a bit to fit this AU. Originally, Marchionne and Luciano were Mario and Luigi in a past life. Their backstory is really sad and messed up.
In this AU, perhaps they could all be cousins or brothers separated at birth. What do you guys think?